Need to get the audit log info on the file system

Karthik Beereddy January 3, 2020

Hello,

We are planning to track the audit log in the syslog server. But I think we dint have any log file in file system. Do we have another way to make the audit log to be saved on the file system or can we customize the logging so that event occur in the audit log will be saved to the file system.

Can anyone please help me out.

2 answers

0 votes
Thomas Burke October 19, 2020

In a similar vein.  I am looking to download the logs for the cloud version as it is 180 day FIFO logs.  We need to retain all logs for at least  3 years.  I thought a spider or wget script be available or a way to alter the cloud to submit to Syslog service.  Any help much appreciated on your experience with Bitbucket , Jira , or Confluence cloud  Audit Log retention.

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2020

Hi @Karthik Beereddy 

The Atlassian log file usually has quite lot of information which you can further modify.

Take a look at Jira Administration | SYSTEM SUPPORT | Logging and profiling to configure what you want to write to the log file.

I hope it helps.

Ravi

Karthik Beereddy January 3, 2020

Hello Ravi,

Thanks for the quick response. Actually we are planning to monitor the audit logs in the syslog server. So, to do that we need the audit log or the events which record in the audit log that need to be saved to the file system. 

So, can you please help me out with the steps how to configure it. or i have do any changes to log4j.property file so that audit log or events recorded in audit log can be saved to filesystem.

Like Balázs Lengyák likes this
Balázs Lengyák March 31, 2020

Ability to send audit logs to log4j would be much appreciated. AFAIK at the time being it is only saved in SQL table audit_log. I mean, why would I have to do the log processing when it is already done.

Suggest an answer