Need to get a list of remote issue links from within a Groovy script post function

Jason Plumhoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2013

On an issue close transition, I've got a groovy post function that creates a remote issue link to another application. That part works no problem. But I'm worried about what happens when someone reopens the issue and then closes it later... I want to check for any existing remote issue links and ensure the link hasn't already been created. How do I search the remote issue links? I can't seem to figure out how to get a list... I've been searching the API documentation and I found:

RemoteIssueLinkManager.getRemoteIssueLinksForIssue()

It looks like exactly what I want... but I can't figure out how to get an instance of RemoteIssueLinkManager. If I try:

RemoteIssueLinkManager remoteIssueLinkManager = new RemoteIssueLinkManager()

I get an error because it is an abstract class. What is the right way to get an instance of a remote issue link manager? Or is there a better way to get a List of RemoteIssueLinks for a given issue?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jason Plumhoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2013

Nevermind... I figured out that I could use RemoteIssueLinkService:

RemoteIssueLinkService remoteIssueLinkService = ComponentManager.getComponentInstanceOfType(RemoteIssueLinkService.class)
RemoteIssueLinkService.RemoteIssueLinkListResult links = remoteIssueLinkService.getRemoteIssueLinksForIssue(currentUser, issue)

Suggest an answer