Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Need to export all attachments from a single Project - JIRA Cloud

Is there any way I can export all Attachments from all tickets in a single project?  I have 706 tickets in a single project and need to export all attachments without going thru manually and doing so.  Is there any way to do this? 

Thank you!

Jacqy

3 answers

Hey Jacqy, 

did you manage to download all your attachments? If not there are also two Marketplace Solutions which should make this a breeze. 

If you use Jira Server have a look at Download Attachments. If you are on Jira Cloud check out Bulk Attachment Download.

Disclaimer: I am the developer of the cloud solution.

0 votes
Thomas Deiler Community Leader Feb 02, 2018

Dear @Jacqy George,

two ways:

The rude one:

Go to the jira home's attachment directory and copy all files of the project. Disadvantage: you have not the original file names.

The api one:

Use the REST API search request to pull first all Jira issues of your project and then parse for each issue the attachment list. The JSON variable content keeps the URL to an attachment. Of cause the filename is also available. Then, one HTTP GET later for each attachment, you got them all.

So long

Thomas

Thomas Deiler Community Leader Feb 06, 2018

Dear @Jacqy George,

how did you solve your issue? Do you need more help?

So long

Thomas

Hi @Thomas Deiler

We will try option 2, API but haven't had a chance to try this out yet. 

Thanks,

Jacqy

The rude one:

Go to the jira home's attachment directory and copy all files of the project. Disadvantage: you have not the original file names.

If you're on Jira server, you can run this database command to get the to combine Unix command with the file name:

select ( 'mv ' || project.originalkey || '-' || jiraissue.issuenum || '/' || fileattachment.id || ' "' || project.originalkey || '-' || jiraissue.issuenum || '/' || filename || '"' ) as command from fileattachment join jiraissue on fileattachment.issueid = jiraissue.id join project on jiraissue.project = project.id where project.pkey = '<project-key>'; 

Example results:

mv PROJ-10/10031 "PROJ-10/screenshot-1.png"
mv PROJ-23/10000 "PROJ-23/screenshot2.jpg"
mv PROJ-23/10002 "PROJ-23/image.png"

Then run the command in terminal to rename your files.

Like # people like this

Thank you very much for the information, you have helped me complete a process.

Where can I find the Jira Home Attachments directory?

JIRA Administration-->System-->System Info-->File Paths

In our case: /var/atlassian/aplication-data/jira/data/attachments/

Regards.

@Ting _Chiou Ting Teh_ You rocks!  Thank you very much. Your tip was very useful.

Hi @Jacqy George ,

I used the following solution a while back to export all attachments from JIRA OnDemand, I think it still might work for JIRA Cloud.

How to export attachments from JIRA OnDemand

Regards,

ILYA

For Jira Cloud, can use this script written by one of the Atlassian Support Engineers to download the attachments from Filters.

https://bitbucket.org/snippets/atlassiansupportprojects/nedyBb/download-files-attached-to-the-issues

The script above was awesome, however it dumped all attachments into the same folder. I made some changes to allow it to download attachments for each issue into a directory named after the key.

It's a little rough, because I got hung-up on shell quoting/escaping and ended up hardcoding my username:api_token into the curl command. If anybody has more l33t shell scripting skills, please please let me know the fix.

downloadbykey.sh:

https://gist.github.com/darryllee/22ea98ccf639c303813a3ad4a2ad3480

And if you don't include the time I banged my head against the table figuring out the right arguments for jq and xargs, it's way faster than Ilya's method of running a backup and extracting the files from it.

On the other hand, Ilya's technique would have come in handy that time a project was accidentally deleted along with all the attachments. :-O

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you