Need to disable the list of emails coming from 'Raise this request on behalf of' field

priyanka chigulla May 6, 2024

How to hide the list of users that are displaying when clicking on the raise this request on behalf of dropdown.
Is there a way where a user can just enter the required email id instead of picking the email from the list.

1 answer

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2024

@priyanka chigulla

The "Raise on behalf" of field is only available to JSM agents, customers will not be able to see it. If your permissions are set up correctly, JSM agents can enter a brand new email and it will create an account for the customer.

Thank for the reply. Can you tell me which permissions should be given so that they can create new email and not see the list.

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2024

@priyanka chigulla, they will always see the list, but they can enter new email addresses as well.

is there a way to hide the list or can I change the field to input text instead of dropdown?

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2024

No, you would not be able to change it to a pure input text.

Thank you for your input. I was hoping I can hide the list from the users. 

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2024

From which users?

So basically, our application is used by many customers. 

We are using support request form from jira to raise customer support queries . 

The form has the field 'Raise this request on behalf of.When a customer trys to enter their email , they were able to see all the other customers email addresses that are auto populating  from the dropdown which is a security issue. 

My query is to how do we hide all the email addresses from the dropdown

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2024

customers should not be able to see a list of the other customers. How is your instance configured?

We are using below request typerequest type.PNG

the initial page looks like this

initial page.PNG

When clicking on the request on behalf of field it shows all the customers email id

dropdown.PNG

These are the settings that are currently configured

settings.PNG

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2024

@priyanka chigulla, customers cannot see the field "Raise on behalf of". That field will be automatically set to their email address when they create a ticket.

Thank you 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events