Need to calculate difference between the Created and Resolved

Hi all,

I need to calculate the issues resolved within 10 mins duration. i have the fields like created and resolved ,need to find the difference between those which is less than 10mins .

Please suggest a JQL Syntax or plugin

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Sunilbaba,

You can use Structure add-on for solving this. In Structure grid you can add "Formula" column with a simple formula: resolved - created.

I have created a sample structure for you on our demo server: Sample Structure with Formula column (the data is cleaned every week, so if you don't see anything, please let me know, I'll recreate it). 

Here's a screenshot of the Formula configuration dialog (you can open it if you hover your mouse over the column header and click triangle):

formula.png

So to be able to apply this solution, you will need to:

1. Create an empty structure
  2. Populate it with issues -- either manually or using automation
  3. Add a column by clicking "+" at the top right corner of the grid and selecting "Formula"
  4. Writing down your formula

You can use more advanced formulas, for example: IF (resolved - created > duration('10m'); 'LATE!')

Documentation about formula language is available in Formula Column Documentation.

If you're new to Structure, I also highly recommend to open top-level menu Structure | Get Started after installation to get acquainted with the concepts and check out Structure Quick Start Guide.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Kind regards,
Igor

Hi Igor,

Can you help me out to get the Resolved and created time difference in different buckets like 10m,20m,30m and i want to do it with respect to the priority like (critical,high,medium) by using JQL syntax.

Hi Sunilbaba,

Please clarify, are you using Structure add-on and formulas, or would you like to use JQL only? I don't think it's possible with only JQL, but maybe there's another add-on that would add a JQL function for that.

If you've tried Structure, as I suggested above, you can certainly write down a formula for bucket-based metric, something like this:

with T = resolved - created:
IF(T < duration('10m'); '10m';
   T < duration('20m'); '20m';
   T < duration('30m'); '30m';
   'more than 30 m')

Hope this helps!
Igor 

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

146 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you