Need to calculate difference between the Created and Resolved

Sunilbaba Villuri July 26, 2017

Hi all,

I need to calculate the issues resolved within 10 mins duration. i have the fields like created and resolved ,need to find the difference between those which is less than 10mins .

Please suggest a JQL Syntax or plugin

1 answer

0 votes
Igor Sereda [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2017

Hi Sunilbaba,

You can use Structure add-on for solving this. In Structure grid you can add "Formula" column with a simple formula: resolved - created.

I have created a sample structure for you on our demo server: Sample Structure with Formula column (the data is cleaned every week, so if you don't see anything, please let me know, I'll recreate it). 

Here's a screenshot of the Formula configuration dialog (you can open it if you hover your mouse over the column header and click triangle):

formula.png

So to be able to apply this solution, you will need to:

1. Create an empty structure
  2. Populate it with issues -- either manually or using automation
  3. Add a column by clicking "+" at the top right corner of the grid and selecting "Formula"
  4. Writing down your formula

You can use more advanced formulas, for example: IF (resolved - created > duration('10m'); 'LATE!')

Documentation about formula language is available in Formula Column Documentation.

If you're new to Structure, I also highly recommend to open top-level menu Structure | Get Started after installation to get acquainted with the concepts and check out Structure Quick Start Guide.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Kind regards,
Igor

Sunilbaba Villuri August 12, 2017

Hi Igor,

Can you help me out to get the Resolved and created time difference in different buckets like 10m,20m,30m and i want to do it with respect to the priority like (critical,high,medium) by using JQL syntax.

Igor Sereda [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2017

Hi Sunilbaba,

Please clarify, are you using Structure add-on and formulas, or would you like to use JQL only? I don't think it's possible with only JQL, but maybe there's another add-on that would add a JQL function for that.

If you've tried Structure, as I suggested above, you can certainly write down a formula for bucket-based metric, something like this:

with T = resolved - created:
IF(T < duration('10m'); '10m';
   T < duration('20m'); '20m';
   T < duration('30m'); '30m';
   'more than 30 m')

Hope this helps!
Igor 

Suggest an answer