Need to Hide the Assign button on the View Screen and make it available in a transition

Arunkumar Senthilnathan June 13, 2016

Hi,

In a project we have a separate transition "Assign Issues" which is allowed only for project role devleopers and aprat from that this transition the assign button should not be visible anywhere in the project. For this i have added the property "jira.permission.assign = denied" in all the workflow steps, and to have the assignee field in the transition but when i added the property "jira.permission.assign=granted" in the transition properties but still the assignee field is not visible in that transition. Can some one help me on this.

Thanks!

10 answers

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2016

I already had updated my comment. 

0 votes
Mahesh S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2016

@Steven Behnke Will listeners be available in his cloud instance? I believe he doesnt have a choice for listeners or groovy scripts.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 14, 2016

Using a custom field will be confusing and won't populate things like avatars in the ui in the normal places. 

I wouldn't accept requirements from your team if you don't know the capabilities of the product. 

I forgot you marked this as cloud, so you can't install any listeners. 

I'm not sure you can achieve this reliability without custom work. 

0 votes
Arunkumar Senthilnathan June 14, 2016

Ok Steve, Thanks very much for the information. I am working on adding a custom field to select a user and setting the value selected value to the assignee field using the transtion Post Functions as i am not familiar with listeners. Could you please provide me any information you have on listeners.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 14, 2016

Using workflow properties wkll not help you because then you remove the ability to restrict assignment as you've now found. 

The best way to handle this would be as a listener. When the listener sees the assignment, it can transition the issue. 

0 votes
Arunkumar Senthilnathan June 14, 2016

As per the requirement we have change the status of the issue to "Work In Progress" when a issue is assigned to a developer.

But when the user clicks on the assign button, issue will be assigned to a Developer but the status will not be changed.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 14, 2016

Please answer my previous query – 

Why can't you just give Developers Assign Permission and skip the transition work?

Your requirement makes little sense to me and I feel like you're attempting to go about it in the wrong way.

0 votes
DanaF June 14, 2016

I dont show that this is an option for the Cloud Version. Am i missing something here? Says Module CanNot be Modified

0 votes
Arunkumar Senthilnathan June 13, 2016

Thanks Steve, is there any other option to make this available during the transition

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 13, 2016

Why can't you just give Developers Assign Permission and skip the transition work?

You CANNOT use permission properties on transitions, they are step properties ONLY.

Suggest an answer