Need help with creating a bug workflow (lifecycle)

jasnam7 January 9, 2020

Hi 

I need to create a simple workflow for bug as mentioned in the link. I 

I am looking at atlassian documentation but unable to find the relevant content. I don't want to use the default workflow which has some status as 'TODO' 

I'd like to import a good and basic workflow as depicted in https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver/customize-jira-service-desk-s-bug-report-workflow-950813503.html

How to achieve this?

thanks a lot for any help!!

Jasnam Singh

3 answers

0 votes
Mario Abud
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2020

Hello @jasnam7, I recommend you to read this article from idalko How to build the perfect Jira workflow for bug tracking , it can help you a lot for what you need

Regards

0 votes
Ansar Rezaei
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2020

Hi

Go to the marketplace and find some workflow that suitable for your need like this:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220147/paralect-jira-default-bug-workflow?hosting=server&tab=overview

Then download it as .jwb file from the marketplace.

Then As you see in your provided link, you can import it to your instance.

If you need more help, let me know.

0 votes
Marcos Villasanti January 9, 2020

Hello @jasnam7 

To create a workflow, you have to go first to ADMINISTRATION OF JIRA, look for the issue option in the left menu, workflow will list all the workflows you have in the jira and you can create from there a new flow as you want, in the right side you will find the button to add a new flow, place the name for your flow and the description and then add, now you are ready to place your states and transitions as you want once you finish you have to create a flow scheme and add the flow you created and the scheme associated with your project.

I hope you find it useful

Suggest an answer