Need help with Jira Advanced Roadmaps

Christoph Ploner April 6, 2023

Dear Community,

we are working with Cloud Jira Software.(Premium).
We used to work in Jira Software onPremise  before.

Now we want wo use Jira Advanced Roadmaps for hybrid Projectmanagement and for the use of buliding a Project Portfolio.

We watched some atlassian tutorials and we are testing by our selfes but we have some questions  and I hope some of you can help us with Jira Advanced Roadmaps.

Here are our open points

1. Is it possible to enter the estimated effort to a certain issue for an individual team member?
    I saw this in a video tutorial, but I can not find that field to do that.
  2. Is it possible to see the whole estimated time of all issues of a certain release, when the issues are part of different epics?

Thanks for your help in advance!
Or maybe, If you know good tutorials feel free to post them.

best regards,

Chris

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2023

Hi @Christoph Ploner,

Is it possible to enter the estimated effort to a certain issue for an individual team member? 

Advanced Roadmaps displays the issues as they are in Jira Software. Unless you split your tasks into sub-tasks, you only have one estimate field per issue, so you can only specify one single estimate per issue. Adding estimates to sub-tasks - while technically possible - is not recommended nor best practice.

As you mention having worked with the on prem version, you may have seen skills in an old version of the tool there, which indeed allowed you to split the estimates on an issue across these different skills / people. That feature has been deprecated quite some time ago and is not available anymore.

Is it possible to see the whole estimated time of all issues of a certain release, when the issues are part of different epics?

Advanced Roadmaps has many different ways to organise views, but a roll-up of all estimates into a release is not something I have seen in Advanced Roadmaps yet. The indication of progress (which you can find on the Releases view in your plan) is based on issue count, not on estimates. However, the Version report and Release burndown report in the reports section of your scrum board help you connect to that type of information.

Hope this helps!

Christoph Ploner May 3, 2023

Hi @Walter Buggenhout ,
great, thank you for your detailed answer.

I know Advanced Roadmaps is not a Project Management App. But it has very nice features.

cheers, Chris

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events