Need help to get linked issues of multiple issues from an single JQL.

Srujan kumar May 9, 2022

I have multiple "Features" and to that multiple "Features" there are multiple "Stories" linked to them. These multiple "Features" are linked to an "Epic". Now I need to find the linked issues of those multiple "Features". I'm able to get linked issues of a single "Feature" by using the JQL ( issue in linkedissues (ABC-123) ). But I want to get linked issues of multiple "Features". So, I tried with the JQL ( issue in linkedissues("ABC-123", "ABC-246", "ABC-456") ). But now this one fails to get the linked issues of those multiple "Features".

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2022

Hi @Srujan kumar 

Can you clarify your Issue Hierarchy in this instance?

Is it:

• Epic
  • Feature - linked to an Epic using "Epic Link"
  • Story - linked to a Feature using a "Linked Issues Link Type"

Ste

Srujan kumar May 9, 2022

@Stephen Wright _Elabor8_  Yeah Stephen It is linked in the same way.

• Epic  
  • Feature - linked to an Epic using "Epic Link"
  • Story - linked to an Feature using a "Linked Issue Link Type"
  • Subtask- Linked to the "Story".
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2022

Hi @Srujan kumar 

There's going to be benefits in...

• Not having an Issue Type between Epic and Story - and instead treated Epic as Feature. This way you'd put a level above Epic/Feature to represent the highest level.
  • Utilised Advanced Roadmaps to have the larger hierarchy than Epic > Story > Sub-task

Is there a reason you chose not to do this, given it can cause issues like the one you're facing?

Ste

Srujan kumar May 9, 2022

@Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ Yeah Stephen, There is reason we choosed to do so. We are having a multiple stream which we are defining them as an "Epic" and under those streams we are developing multiple "Features" . I have gone through the Advanced roadmaps and as there is an limitation that we can only show Epic > Story > Sub-task in the hierarchy level. So thought if we could bring that down into JQL we can have two dashboards where one shows the "Epics" and the "Features" linked to it. Another dashboard shows the "Stories" and " Subtask" to it . Even if we able to show them till "Stories" will work for us. Please help me to solve this .

Suggest an answer