Need auto incremented field once day complete.

Amar November 12, 2018

Hi All,

I am looking for auto incremental field which will give me how many days issue stays in particular state.
I will clear the field in postfunction once status changed.

Eg: If issue created on 10-11-2018 and it is  "Open Status" then field should have value "2" as on 12-11-2018.
initially it will 0 (0+1+1)

I am using script runner as well.

Amar

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2018

Hello,

You would need an add-on for it. 

For example, you could use the Power Custom Fields Premium add-on:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1210749/power-custom-fields-premium?hosting=server&tab=overview

You could create a sil field with a script like this:

return currentDate() - created;
Amar November 12, 2018

Thank you Alexey for suggestion.

I am not looking for any specific status count, i want to capture days count at each status level.

In new status start count will be zero (0).

Is there any way to achieve this requirement through scriptrunner or behaviour ?

Reagards,

Amar

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2018

It is also possible, but you would need to create as many scripted fields as many statuses you want to follow.

Or you have to print all statuses with their values in one line.

Amar November 23, 2018

Alexey thank you for suggestions,.

Got alternative , Automation for JIRA plugin solved my requirement.

Thanks again. :)

Priyanka khare January 11, 2021

Hello @Amar can u please explain me how did u use "Automation for JIRA " for the same? How did u create the rule?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events