Need a JQRY for adding story points within a sprint

anna.erba April 28, 2023

I want the query to count the number of story points in a sprint and then I will have one for each label.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 2, 2023

Hi @anna.erba

as Clark said, this isn't really what JQL is made for; JQL is for querying issues that match certain conditions, and doesn't by itself do any kind of aggregation or sum-ups.

If you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, you'll find options there. E.g., this would be easy to do using the app that my team and I are working on, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. It also comes with a number of advanced features, including support for issue grouping by any issue field(s), and sum-ups. With these, you can create a view like this in just a couple of clicks:

storypoints-per-sprint-and-label.gif

As you can see above, your report is fully interactive, meaning that you can work on your issues directly in JXL - but you can also trigger various operations in Jira, or export your data with just one click.

Any questions just let me know,

Best,

Hannes

Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 2, 2023

I just realised that you've tagged your question for Jira Server: As you may have heard, apps sales have ended for Jira Server. Are you planning to migrate to Data Center or Cloud? I'd strongly recommend that. If you need some more time, JXL is perfectly compatible with Jira Server; it's just that we need to generate a license for you. If the above looks interesting, just let me know, and I'll happily start a free trial.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2023

Hi @anna.erba 

This isn't something you can do with JQL. On a board, under backlog, you can click the 3 donts next to the sprint members and it will show workload by assignee and the total for the sprint.

But this is not searchable in JQL without a scritped custom field and you would need a plugin to do this like scriptrunner

Best,
Clark

Suggest an answer