Need Jira jql to get linked issues to an issue

Srujan kumar May 6, 2022

I need to find issues linked to an issue in another project.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2022

Hi @Srujan kumar ,

you can use linkedIssues provided by advanced search (https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/advanced-search-reference-jql-functions/#Advancedsearching-functionsreference-linkedIssueslinkedIssues()%C2%A0)

issue in linkedIssues(ABC-123)

it works indipandently from projects.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Srujan kumar May 6, 2022

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ , It just partially solved my problem. Could you please help how can I get linked issues of an linked issue. So we have linked issues in a tree format. I need to get the grand son linked issues of a original issue. Then I need to get the time spent details on those grand son linked issues.  

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2022

Hi @Srujan kumar ,

unfortunately you can't do using builtin feature. 

Srujan kumar May 6, 2022

@Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_  Also I tried on multiple things . The above JQL

" linkedissue in (ABC-123) " only provides linked issues of an epic. It is not working for the stories or any other issue type. Could please help with that too. So, that I can get linked issues of an story or feature issue type. 

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2022

linkedIssues is issue type indipendent so it will retrieve all issues linked to ABC-123. Probably your JQL has other parameters in AND 

Srujan kumar May 6, 2022

@Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_  I have few epics in a project and when I use the above JQL to get linked issues under the epic then I'm able to retrieve all those. Now I need to retrieve the linked issues of those epic linked issues. So we have few scenarios like issues are "RESOLVED and few are in "IN PROGRESS". I need your help to track the time spent on those ground level tickets. Below are the Screenshots added so that you can get a clear picture.

image.pngimage.png

When I search through JQL, I'm unable retrieve the linked issues for feature. But that feature has a multiple stories inside it. Please guide me.

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2022

@Srujan kumar , you are using a wrong sintax. The correct one is : 

issue in linkedIssues(ISC-733)
Srujan kumar May 6, 2022

@Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_  Gotcha, Thank you so much . Now I can retrieve them.

Srujan kumar May 9, 2022

@Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_  I need to search for the linked issues of multiple issues in one JQL . Please help me in that. I tried with the above format adding multiple issues inside it and separating them by comma. But its not working as expected.

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2022

hi @Srujan kumar ,

you need to put all conditions in OR. Something like :

issue in linkedIssues(ISC-733) OR issue in linkedIssues(ISC-734) OR issue in linkedIssues(ISC-735)
Srujan kumar May 10, 2022

ok

Srujan kumar May 10, 2022

@Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ , Any other way to do that.

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2022

no other way in my opinion

Suggest an answer