• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Need Help with JQL Querying of Issues tagged to Components - Using Wildcard on Components.

Hi. I want to fetch issues based on Certain Components List and need to use wild cards on components. 

For eg: project="X" AND component in componentMatch("Issue Type:*")

where in the component list includes Issue Type:X, Issue Type:Y  - basically I want to fetch issues related to any of the components starting with Issue Type : (any word).

I tried this above query 

project="X" AND component in componentMatch("Issue Type:*")

It is not showing any error but not returning results as well. Any solution for this??????

4 answers

Hi Aishwarya Rajan,

Sadly you cannot achieve the desired search using standard features on Jira, you must go for a third-party app instead. Using i.e. JQL Booster Pack you can type the following:

Search issues with components starting with 'Issue Type:' on Project EMEA

project = EMEA AND component IN componentMatches("Issue Type:.*")

Using this app you can also query other fields using regexp, check:

References:

Hope this helps you to create awesome queries <3

Kind regards

0 votes

It must be like this

project="X" AND component in componentMatch("Issue Type:.*")

Hi Alexey,

I tried the query.. it doesn't show error but does not return any results. We have prod n dev environment in jira. My query works in dev environment..but not in prod. I have tried with component Matches method too. That works in dev again n not in prod. So is it dependent on any supporting plugins or add on..that we need to install? 

This JQL function is from the ScriptRunner plugin

We have scriotRunner in prod. But still componentMatch is not working in prod. Any help on this would be appreciated. 

Also, 

component Matches works if we install JQL booster pack. But why isn't componentMatch not working?.

Are you sure that you have such components in prod and there are issue with these components set?

Also you can have problems with indexes in prod

Can you please eloberate on this?

I will check and get back. Thank you.

Yes..we have those components in prod.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you