Need Help with JQL Querying of Issues tagged to Components - Using Wildcard on Components.

Aishwarya Rajan March 8, 2018

Hi. I want to fetch issues based on Certain Components List and need to use wild cards on components. 

For eg: project="X" AND component in componentMatch("Issue Type:*")

where in the component list includes Issue Type:X, Issue Type:Y  - basically I want to fetch issues related to any of the components starting with Issue Type : (any word).

I tried this above query 

project="X" AND component in componentMatch("Issue Type:*")

It is not showing any error but not returning results as well. Any solution for this??????

4 answers

2 votes
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 30, 2020

Hi Aishwarya Rajan,

Sadly you cannot achieve the desired search using standard features on Jira, you must go for a third-party app instead. Using i.e. JQL Booster Pack you can type the following:

Search issues with components starting with 'Issue Type:' on Project EMEA

project = EMEA AND component IN componentMatches("Issue Type:.*")

Using this app you can also query other fields using regexp, check:

References:

Hope this helps you to create awesome queries <3

Kind regards

0 votes

Yes..we have those components in prod.

0 votes

Hi Alexey,

I tried the query.. it doesn't show error but does not return any results. We have prod n dev environment in jira. My query works in dev environment..but not in prod. I have tried with component Matches method too. That works in dev again n not in prod. So is it dependent on any supporting plugins or add on..that we need to install? 

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2018

This JQL function is from the ScriptRunner plugin

We have scriotRunner in prod. But still componentMatch is not working in prod. Any help on this would be appreciated. 

Also, 

component Matches works if we install JQL booster pack. But why isn't componentMatch not working?.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2018

Are you sure that you have such components in prod and there are issue with these components set?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2018

Also you can have problems with indexes in prod

Can you please eloberate on this?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2018

I will check and get back. Thank you.

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2018

It must be like this

project="X" AND component in componentMatch("Issue Type:.*")

Suggest an answer