Name Mapping (Assign to) Jira Server Backup after Import Jira Cloud search able for bulk change!

David Stein
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 11, 2019

After Import from Backup of Jira Server to Jira Cloud the Username in Assign to and Reporter have the user credentials for example "ada". If i create a new User in Jira Cloud for "ada" = Agile Anton, i cannot search in the issues "advanced search" for "ada" as Assing to. I would like make an bulk change of theses users. 

Jira.PNG

I hope someone can help me?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 15, 2019

Hello, David!

Welcome to Community and thank you for reaching out.

The admin can indeed bulk update the assignee. We would just need to be able to find the correct username for the user.

The drop-down list might not be displaying as it sees it as missing from the instance. We can force a The suggested drop-down list of users might not display this user, as the user is somehow missing from the instance.

On our end we can perform an advanced search but it does require database access in order to find the username for that user.

I would recommend that you raise a support ticket with our Cloud support team in order to do this. You can include a link to this Community ticket.

Let me know if you have any trouble!

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer