My tasks have disappeared from my backlog in Jira

Adriana Cazacu April 18, 2023

In the Jira application, on a Scrum board, if I create a task and do not allocate it to the active sprint, the task does not remain in the backlog. Instead, it disappears and can be found under "Issues". Please note that I have not made any changes to the board name, workflow, or any other settings. 

Furthermore, if I create a task by accessing the "create" option in the backlog - the newly created task that is not allocated to a sprint - it does not appear in the backlog but only under "Issues"

Also, within the "Epics" section, no epic is found anymore

Please help me by providing a solution so that the tasks remain in the backlog and we have all the "Epics" available.1.jpg2.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2023

Hello @Adriana Cazacu 

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Can you show us the mapping of Statuses to Columns for your board?

Can you show us the Filter Query for your board?

Can you show us an example of a newly created issue that is not appearing in your board?

Adriana Cazacu April 19, 2023

Thank you for your questions. After searching through the sections you requested, I found a modification in the filter settings that was limiting the display on the backlog board to only show active tasks in the current print. I have updated the filter and everything is working properly now. Thank you

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2023

Great!

If my answer helped you solve your problem, please consider marking it as Accepted to help other users find posts with validated solutions.

Suggest an answer