My epic is is not currently visible once I have created it!

Siobhanreddy February 25, 2018

I started a new board today, and this text box appears once I have added in an Epic : 

Your epic DR-7294 has been created but is not currently visible.

I have looked at the set up of another board, and I can't see anything radically different between them! 

Any ideas? 

1 answer

0 votes
jndeverteuil
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2018

Hello!

Is it possible the underlying filter of your board excludes your epics? Is it possible in this board you're using a Kanban Board with a Backlog?

In the first case that could explains it really fast and in the latter, in more recent versions of JIRA the Epics are shown in the Backlog directly (if you've configured it to use a Backlog).

Let me know if this help :)

Siobhanreddy February 25, 2018

Hello Julien,

It's definitely a scrum board.  I just noticed that the epics I have created are appearing on another board. The differences between the 2 boards are

1. one was set up with a search query, and the other by the project. It's the latter that works. 

2.  the working board has the project administration side bar.

Does that help shed any light?

jndeverteuil
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2018

Allright! Could you share the search query (JQL) of the board that is not displaying Epics properly? :)

Suggest an answer