My Jira workspace has been suspended even though I am using a free version

Aashish Yadav
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 5, 2024

Hey 

I am using a free version of Jira: 

Atlassian Cloud Notifications - Site Unavailable

and it suddenly stopped for me with this message:

Annotation 2024-07-05 214227.jpeg

Can anyone help me what to do? We are a group of students who had a lot of tasks listed here but now we dont have access to it. 5 people in total were part of it.

Annotation 2024-07-05 214448.jpeg

Annotation 2024-07-05 214604.jpeg

2 answers

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2024

Hello @Aashish Yadav 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

As per the screen image, the subscription plan for Jira is Standard, not Free. It is possible the account was suspended due to a billing problem.

Prior to suspension the Technical and Billing contacts should've received emails about the upcoming suspension. Were those emails received? Did the Technical/Billing contacts take an action as a result of those emails?

Your Billing Contact should follow the steps in Andy Heinzer's answer on the following post to resubscribe to the suspended Jira subscription.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-re-subscribe-to-suspended-subscriptions/qaq-p/799563

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2024

Hi Aashish - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You need to downgrade your site from Standard subscription to Free subscription if that is what you are intending. 

On that same screen click on Manage product link.

Then click on Change under the Jira section. 

Suggest an answer