How to re-subscribe to suspended subscriptions?

The Al May 17, 2018

Hi, all.

It happened that my Atlassian was unable to bill me for a subscription so they suspended Jira Software and Confluence subscriptions. Now I've added the new card and need subscriptions to be prolongated with all data that was in these systems.

Who to contact on this matter?

27 answers

2 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2021

Hi everyone,

This is a rather common problem for Atlassian Cloud sites. If the site has missed payment, that tends to be the most common cause for the site being suspended. In which case, this is potentially something you can self-serve in order to resolve.

If you are a billing or technical contact on the account for that Cloud site, you can

1. Go to https://my.atlassian.com/
  2. locate the Cloud site in question listed there,
  3. and then you can update the payment details on that page for that site.

If you are NOT a billing/technical contact on the account, then visiting that URL won't show you the cloud site. You will likely want to reach out to your teammate that has this level access to work with them to resolve this. That user can also add you to the list of technical contacts if you wish on that page as well.

Alternatively, if you are a Cloud site-admin, you can

1. Go to https://admin.atlassian.com/
  2. then select your site
  3. Then choose "Billing details"
  4. You can update payment method here as well.

If those steps above don't help here, or your site might be suspended for some other reason, then certainly you can still create a support case with our Customer Advocate team. To do that:

1. Go to https://support.atlassian.com/contact
  2. Select "My account"
  3. Then select "Help with a deactivated site"
  4. Then enter the URL of your Cloud site and fill in any other details about what help you need here.

This will help to make sure that your request is directed to the correct support team.
I hope this helps.
Andy

Doaa82 August 27, 2021

@Shannon S I have the same issue my confluence is suspended and I have already updated the billing info and still have the same issue. I have also created 2 support tickets but did not get any feed back.

I am not able to access my confluence where I have many documents and knowledge that was shared among the team. I am not sure how can I get my backup if the suspended issue is not resolved. 

your help is highly appreciated

Like # people like this
Ryan Teepes November 22, 2021

What am absolutely shitty way to handle customers. None of these solutions will work you and know it. Once JIRA has suspended your account for non-payment (which is instant after 1 email whose subject says "your plan has changed." 

Most companies use credit card management solutions which have caps, so this is very common. 

But they shut you out with NO WAY to fix it without a support ticket and waiting on their horrible/slow email support to respond.

We are moving away from JIRA for this reason alone.

Like # people like this
Kumar Chalasani February 5, 2022

This is NOT an adequate response from ATLASSIAN TEAM. 

Updating payment billing details does not fix the issue, though you'd expect that to happen.  

Opened two support tickets and still no answer.

We need our account restored URGENTLY.  Please help!

Like # people like this
3g0r May 16, 2022

I cannot restore a suspended subscription. The only way is to create a ticket for the support team. I did it but they are not responding for more than a day! What about a 6-hours response time for the L2 ticket? The ticket's id is CA-1811909, by the way. I hope this will resolve soon.

Like # people like this
Brian Hadley December 13, 2022

Hello - we are experiencing the same issue and based on above nervous that no one will respond to our support ticket (PA-144787).  We have time critical tickets in the system that we need to be able to get back into our board to continue progress.  Looking for ideas on how to enter our payment details and proceed.

Like # people like this
3 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 18, 2018

Hi there,

When a site is stopped due to non-payment, it can remain stopped for a certain time before it is permanently deleted.

My recommendation is to create a Support ticket where you can provide your licensing and instance information and we can let you know if it's possible to reactivate your subscription.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Shannon

The Al May 18, 2018

Thanks, Shannon. 

Atlassian support team does the fantastic job as the issue was settled quickly in a positive manner.

Al.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
May 18, 2018

That's great to hear! Thank you for letting me know, Al.

Take care and have a pleasant weekend.

Shannon

Philippe Gagné February 20, 2020

There no reply from your team for the same problem. This is really bad customer service

Like # people like this
Azhar Khataak January 9, 2021

We submitted a ticket but haven't heard anything. All our services and customer related stuff is down, please help us

Like Mor Zahavi likes this
keir.frampton July 13, 2021

Hi 

We have the same issue right now and it looks like for some reason they Atlassian didn't take our June payment. We have updated our Credit card details but it is still suspended. I have raised two tickets with them but no response yet.. 

Is there anything else I can do to get this up online quicker?

Is there a number to call?

@Shannon S would you be able to escalate this internally? 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
July 13, 2021

Hi @keir.frampton,

You can contact the Customer Advocates per @Andy Heinzer's Atlassian Recommended solution:

1. Go to https://support.atlassian.com/contact
  2. Select "My account"
  3. Then select "Help with a deactivated site"
  4. Then enter the URL of your Cloud site and fill in any other details about what help you need here.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Shannon

Thanks @Shannon S someone from the support team got us back up and running..

3 votes
Guilherme Valentim December 11, 2020

Same issue here, suspended and we can't automatically renew the service.... The ticket already opens and waiting for a response with 15 people stopped. 

2 votes
Nisan Roimi December 5, 2020

I also have a problem that the account is suspended, we entered the credit information but it does not allow the account to be restored

M S November 23, 2021

Same problem. Did you manage to fix it?

Like Ryan Teepes likes this
Rahul Sali May 1, 2022

Facing same issue since 3 days. Whole team is locked out. How long did it take them to fix it for you? 

2 votes
Omri Peretz April 7, 2020

We have the same problem, our site is suspended, and we get no answer for hours!!! from the support and billing teams, we have opened tickets, that are not answered! nowhere on the site, we can find the phone number of the billing team!

Worst experience...

Joey F.
Atlassian Team
June 5, 2020

I'm sorry that this happened, @Omri Peretz . We've been getting unusual volume since the start of the pandemic and we're trying our best to address issues in a timely manner and to the best that we can. I do hope that this has been resolved by now and I hope that you are staying safe during this very challenging time. 

Feel free to reach us via Support ticket: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/ 

CarePay Limited November 8, 2020

@atlassian Team, i have the same problem. I have raised numerous tickets but i haven't received any help

Like Arun likes this
1 vote
Muneer Hanbali January 22, 2023

We're facing the same issue and it is absolutely ridiculous that there has to be manual intervention to reinstate our account. There's no way to do it automatically despite updating our payment information, there's no quote/invoice for the overdue payment so you can't even make the payment manually as indicated on their support page. 

Our support ticket is CA-2168810 and there is no messages from the atlassian team despite multiple messages from me (site admin / owner).

1 vote
Kumar Chalasani February 5, 2022

Updating the billing payment method credit card has not reactivated the suspended accounts.  We have opened tickets with atlassian.  No response yet.  You'd think for a company this size, you'd have a way to automatically reset and activate accounts.  Why should it take this much effort and account still not restored?

1 vote
cdelhom December 20, 2021

Hello, our JIRA and Confluence subscription got suspended yesterday and we have updated our payment details yesterday already. Yet we are still waiting for support (several support tickets created) Please urgently help us and reactivate our accounts.  Our entire dev teams (more than 200 peoples) are stuck.  Thanks, Candice DELHOM

1 vote
Carlo Burci December 2, 2021

I am having the same issue and my account has not been reactivated despite payment being set up. What should I do? 

1 vote
Özlem ÖZCAN November 5, 2021

It happened that my Atlassian was unable to bill me for a subscription so they suspended Jira Software Now I've added the new card and need subscriptions to be prolongated with all data that was in these systems. I wrote lot of tickets for Suspended issue. But there is no back us from support team. Please help. 

1 vote
Volodymyr September 25, 2021

Hello. Please, get our website up. We updated the payment method and created the tickets, but there is no answer from support for a long time yet.

tickets:

1. CA-1520617
  2. CA-1520492
0 votes
Catalin Paulian November 22, 2022

Hello,

Our Jira Service Management account was suspended. I have updated the payment method but the account is still suspended. I opened a support ticket, please reactivate the account.

Service ticket no CA-2079101, CA-2078916

Regards

0 votes
James Andrews October 25, 2022

Suspended several hours, the payment methods were updated 3 hours ago

Have raised support ticket over an hour ago

Still waiting, the work of dozens of staff is blocked

Powerful argument against SaaS.  Well, particularly Atlassian SaaS

0 votes
Дмитрий Юрин August 18, 2022

Hello, our JIRA subscription has got suspended today and we have updated our payment details today already. Yet we are still waiting for support (several support tickets created). Please urgently help us and reactivate our accounts. Our entire dev teams (20 people) are stuck. Thanks!

CA-1933511

0 votes
Madhuri April 7, 2022

We're facing the same issue! I wish that Jira at least allowed you to access your data or automatically switched you to the free plan. We're left with no help, no answer from customer service, and none of our notes/project info. We can't move forward with our project until this issue is resolved. It's really frustrating, and did not expect to find a reason to move away from Jira/look into other project management tools.

0 votes
Manish Kumar August 30, 2021

URGENT:

can you please get our subscription renewed ASAP.

Ticket no: CA-1487499

0 votes
John Hodson June 26, 2021

Happy Saturday. We are also locked out today but I show we are current on payment and I have a receipt from last month. There doesn't yet seem to be an invoice for this month so I cant pay something that doesn't exist. I am an org admin but can't get in to change the billing info. Says I have no subscriptions, and all links lead to the same page which is telling me to buy new subscriptions. Case CA-1415964

Like many others in this thread, we have a team of people who cannot work. The account was set to autopay. The card on file is good. I show we have paid everything in full without incident, and I can't get in to change the CC on file even if it wasn't good. Please help!

Mursion Licensing June 28, 2021

Atlassian support got back to me and after going back and forth a bit, they unlocked our account so we could update the credit card.  Here is the rub. They deactivate due to nonpayment. They tell you to log in and provide CC info, however, when you log in, that area is also deactivated making it impossible to resolve the issue without filing a ticket. Additionally, there was nothing wrong with the original CC on the account. 

Once I added a different corp credit card (same provider, same cost center in AMEX) they accepted the payment and my tenant stayed live. We lost a full day and a half of productivity due to not being allowed to update payment information, or even troubleshoot the process. If Atlassian shows a problem with payment, they really should allow organizations to access the payment information regardless of deactivation. Support was great once we reached them, but it seems like such a silly chicken and egg situation.

0 votes
mukul April 4, 2021

We have received the following email.

"Your Jira Core has been changed to the Free plan.
You've been unsubscribed from Jira Software, Confluence, Jira Service Management. From Jun 3, 2021, these products and apps will be deleted, and your data will be deleted. Submitting payment once your Product data has been deleted will not reactivate your subscription (or restore your Product data). Contact us if you'd like a copy of your data before it's deleted."

We would like to restore data as well as the subscriptions ASAP.

Created CA-1319257

Hundreds of the employees' work is impacted and many dozens of the client's services too, please look into this very urgently.

mukul April 4, 2021

Hello,

This is an urgent request.

We use the Atlassian toolset for all our projects and not having this up and running by morning IST tomorrow will significantly impact our operations.

Note that payment details have already been updated from our end a few hours earlier.

No, follow-up or reminder email was triggered to the billing account.

On top of all of the above, no response to an urgent support request is not what is expected.

Kindly do the needful ASAP.

mukul April 5, 2021

The service is restored, and the following is the solution:

1- Revise the payment details.

2- Move the JIRA core plan to the Standard, which is downgraded to free after payment fail.

3- Create a Support ticket with JIRA at https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

4- You can even call them at https://www.atlassian.com/company/contact (scroll till the bottom of the page to see the phone numbers) and record a message with urgent delivery.

After the above four steps, wait for a day, and the services will be restored.

0 votes
Nazarly Khamzin January 12, 2021

Hi @Joey F_ @Shannon Spaniol

I have the same problem. CA-1224642

Can u help me please?

0 votes

We faced the same issue on Jan09 Saturday, raised multiple tickets, people can't work without it, not sure why can't we just pay online and re-activate services? We didn't expect this from Atlassian, really frustrated and do not know what to do?? Please help 

Juma Muganda January 9, 2021

@Azhar Khataak I totally understand your frustrations. It happened to me too. It took 24hours for this to be resolved. Then I later realized they didn't bill some items which ended up being deleted after my team putting in hours to create nice boards. Be patient they will come around. I think Atlassian should look into this billing issue seriously and fix it.

Thanks @Juma Muganda but does someone know if they can resolve this on weekend or do they only respond from Monday to Friday? As we have some integrations running with JIRA cloud and they are critical for smooth handling of customer requests. So this not only effects our people but also our clients. :( 

Like Hashim Omer likes this
Azhar Khataak January 10, 2021

@Joey F. @Shannon S our account was suspended on Jan 09 Saturday due to failed payment. Please help as it's an EMERGENCY to get subscription live again

- Our team (more than 20 people) depend on this for day to day tasks

- We have critical integrations running with our JIRA instance which are critical for running client's related operations smoothly. 

We have opened couple of tickets and can provide all the missing information to process the payment and get our subscription back.
  CA-1222413 CA-1222408

Thanks in advance
Regards 
Azhar/Sourceknowledge Team

Joey F.
Atlassian Team
January 11, 2021

Hi @Azhar Khataak ,

I'm sorry to hear that this happened to your account. 

Your Cloud instance should be up and running by now as payment is already up-to-date and good thru 25-Jan-2021. There'd be another billing on 25-Jan-2021. 

There had been multiple attempts to charge your card on file back in Dec 2020 but the transaction failed every time. 

To avoid this thing from happening again, you might want to look into switching to the annual plan. 

I believe your concern has been resolved on case number CA-1222408.

In the future, please submit a ticket to us via https://www.atlassian.com/company/contact.

Thanks and stay safe!

Azhar Khataak January 11, 2021

@Joey F.  Thanks, yea all the details were shared by Atlassian team and we have updated the card/stuff at our end, services are back to normal. Thanks a lot. 

Vahak January 29, 2021

@Joey F.  

Our JIRA Software subscription got suspended today. I have updated the payment method for successful billing but there's no option to reactivate the account. I have also raised support tickets for the same but there has been no revert on the status. Please help me with this, our entire product development projects are being done in JIRA, we don't want to loose all of that, please help me on this. My support ticket number is this : CA-1247870

Please help me on this, this is an EMERGENCY. Our entire team depends on JIRA for day to day task management. 

0 votes
Vishal gogari January 1, 2021

I also have a problem that the account is suspended, we entered the credit information but it does not allow the account to be restored. This is really unacceptable.

I have already raised multiple tickets as well.

Joey F.
Atlassian Team
January 11, 2021

Hi @Vishal gogari

We'd love to assist you, however, we cannot ask for pertinent account details here as a security protocol. May I request that you submit a request via https://www.atlassian.com/company/contact. 

Thanks and stay safe!

0 votes
Prathamesh Patel May 18, 2020

My subscription to JIRA service Desk is suspended. have raised a ticket but didn't hear from the team. What should I do?

Appreciate your help.

Joey F.
Atlassian Team
June 5, 2020

I'm sorry to hear this, @Prathamesh Patel. We've been getting unusual volume since the start of the pandemic and we're trying our best to address issues in a timely manner and to the best that we can. I do hope that this has been resolved by now and I hope that you are staying safe during this very challenging time. 

Feel free to reach us via Support ticket: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/ 

0 votes
Michalis Tolkas February 16, 2020

Issue has been updated in the meantime.

0 votes
Manoj Rana February 6, 2020

Hi, We are having the same issue. Our account got deactivated due to a credit card change and non payment. I have created the support ticket but no response yet.

Jack Mason February 6, 2020

It took 48 hours for them to fix my account.  Change your payment information and write a ticket.  I have not found a successful way to contact them by phone.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
February 7, 2020

Hi @Jack Mason and @Manoj Rana,

In the event that your site is down and it's an emergency to get it back up, you can also reach out to us by phone.  

The phone numbers on our Contact Us page will get you to the Billing team who can help you with that issue.

If any of the lines aren't working, please let me know!

Shannon

Güçlü Talu _Administrator_ August 10, 2020

hi @Shannon S I have the smae problem, contacted support ( CA-1079630) but no answer, our work has stopped because of this, can you please help speed up the process? The site should be reactivated automatically when payment info is updated. 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
August 11, 2020

Hi @Güçlü Talu _Administrator_,

Thanks for bringing this up! It looks like your site was reactivated yesterday, and your case is now closed. Can you confirm?

Shannon

Güçlü Talu _Administrator_ August 11, 2020

Yes, it was, thanks @Shannon S 

Please take my following comment into consideration so we do not lose precious working hours next time:)

"The site should be reactivated automatically when payment info is updated. "

Like # people like this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
August 14, 2020

Hi Güçlü,

Thank you for confirming that your site is now up for you, and for providing your feedback.

In general, payment will be re-attempted automatically with a failed payment. A reattempt is made 3 times before reverting the site to a Free account. This is the reason that no further attempts were made once switching to a Free account. Note that if you ever miss any of the billing notifications, your other billing contacts will also receive notifications when that happens.

You can then update your credit card information, and switch your account back to the Standard plan. From here, you'll be able to pay your invoice manually. In your case, since you were able to raise a ticket with the Customer Advocates team, we took care of that for you on our end.

The Advocate who helped you with your case will be reaching out to you again regarding this. I've made them aware of your feedback, so please don't hesitate to follow-up with them if needed!

Take care,

Shannon

0 votes
Sys Admin February 5, 2020

Can you help us with own confluence cloud? suspended and we resolved today with another informations.

thanks

0 votes
Sys Admin February 5, 2020

Can you help us with own confluence cloud? suspended and we resolved today with another informations.

thanks

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
February 5, 2020

Hi @Sys Admin,

I'm very sorry, but I am not able to help you with your account from here. I don't have any access to see what your account details are.

As with above, you need to create a Support ticket where you can provide your licensing and instance information and we can let you know if it's possible to reactivate your subscription.

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
Ming Yang May 15, 2019

Hi I have the same problem. but only Confluence shows as "Suspended".   Submited a few request tickets but still no reply or answer.

Used Jira Software a few years and just added Confluence recently (about 6 weeks ago) .  Yesterday when I login to Confluence it suddenly shows "Suspended" without any email notifications to me earlier.

Please help  Urgent.   Need all the documents on Confluence.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
May 16, 2019

Hello Ming, 

I was able to see that you raised two duplicate questions to our Customer Advocates team just yesterday, but they haven't had a chance to respond to you yet.

You can expect a reply soon on that case.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Regards,

Shannon

Like Ming Yang likes this
Ming Yang May 16, 2019

Thanks  Shannon. Someone have reactivated it and now just waiting to sort out the billing issue.

Hope the Customer Advocates team can responde as fast as you ;-)

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
May 17, 2019

Ming Yang,

No worries! I see now that my colleague Melissa is helping you out with that, so I believe you should be sorted within the next day or so once she's able to reactivate your account.

Take care, and have a pleasant weekend!

Regards,

Shannon

OHS IT January 17, 2020

I have issued a few different tickets and it has yet to be unsuspended.  Credit Card was updated early yesterday.  How do I get help!!!!!

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 20, 2020

Hello there,

In this case you would raise a ticket with our Customer Advocates team and they can help you. I see that you have done just that, and my colleague was able to assist you.

If you have any further issues, please let me know!

Regards,

Shannon

Vahak January 29, 2021

Hi Shanon,

Our JIRA Software subscription got suspended today. I have updated the payment method for successful billing but there's no option to reactivate the account. I have also raised support tickets for the same but there has been no revert on the status. Please help me with this, our entire product development projects are being done in JIRA, we don't want to loose all of that, please help me on this.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question