Multple choices-cascanding list

Yuval Maron December 29, 2020

Hey,
I need to have the ability of selecting multiple choices from a cascading list.
For example:
List 1: Arsenal, Dortmund, Liverpool
List 2: England, France, Germany
Selecting Arsenal + Liverpool and England+France
I'm also using script runner which might help with that issue.

Thanks in advance.

3 answers

0 votes
Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2020

Cascade selectors can only offer a simple parent>child relationship.

To do what you are describing you would need some other type of custom field. I don't know if you're on server or cloud... if you're on cloud I'm not sure sou have any option (you might), for server there should be some options that suit your needs.

For example, you have proforma for jira... that could do something like having a "normal" selector field and a second multiple option selector filled "linked" to the first one, with the avaliable options in the second field being conditional to the currently selected option in the first one.

This is just a quick idea, but I think you should try something like this... explore the different custom fields that are out there in the wild and choose one.

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2020

Hi @Yuval Maron 

Since you have 

Instead of cascading select list you try using two multi select list and use behaviours (Since you mentioned ScriptRunner).

You will find these 2 scripts useful.

Dynamic Select

Set Behaviour Multi and Single Select Options and Value

I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Ravi

Yuval Maron December 30, 2020

Hey, @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ 

I've tried to use the Dynamic Select script but it doesn't work ( I used 2 single select picklists). 

I even tried to manually adjust without the switch and break part : 

def optionSet1 = [
'Option 1',
'Option 2',
'Option 3',
'Option 4'
]

formSelect.setFieldOptions(optionSet1)

and it also didn't work

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 30, 2020

Hi Yuval,

for cloud there is probably currently no App supporting such thing.

On Jira Server (on-premise) I used to implement exactly that in the past using TreeCF
unfortunately as of now this is not available for Cloud.

You would have to recheck Atlassian Marketplace if there is meanwhile any alternative App or to monitor if there will be one in the future.

Regards,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events