• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Multiplication of two custom field values.

I have 2 custom fields A and B.

Both are single select list with values 1 to 10.

how to store the multiplication of two custom field values into new custom field  i,e in c.

C = A * B.

3 answers

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Jul 22, 2020

you would need an addon, e.g. Scriptrunner, Power Scripts, Automation for Jira, etc. I use A4J but I'm on cloud and it is built in there (free).

Hi @Jack can you please point me to the link where I can find the free built in A4J on cloud ? I have a similar requirement to store the multiplication of three custom field values into new custom field. I tried as shown in the screenshot but not successful so far. Thanks in advance!

Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 11.23.28.png

Jack Community Leader Jan 13, 2021

I’m a bit confused on your request. From the screenshot it appears you have already found automation. Maybe you are looking for the documentation to assist you? If so here is a link - smart-values-math-expressions 

Thanks for the response and link. I am aware of the link you provided. The screenshot is what I set myself not what I already found. I am still not able to store the multiplication of three custom field values into new custom field which is why I am reaching out to you, if you can help me find the free built in A4J on cloud for my requirement. 

I have found that you need to refer to the custom fields directly by their numerical values, not through the names of the fields (human-readable names I mean). 

Here's an example for some date fields I was manipulating:

{{issue.customfield_12527.diff(issue.customfield_12526).abs.hours}}

Jack Community Leader Jan 13, 2021

yes that is absolutely true. you can find that detail by going to the custom fields page under admin > issues > custom fields and selecting the field and inspecting the URL. That is one way but there are others, e.g. JQL.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you