Multiplication of two custom field values.

Prasad Nagarale July 22, 2020

I have 2 custom fields A and B.

Both are single select list with values 1 to 10.

how to store the multiplication of two custom field values into new custom field  i,e in c.

C = A * B.

3 answers

0 votes
Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2021

I have found that you need to refer to the custom fields directly by their numerical values, not through the names of the fields (human-readable names I mean). 

Here's an example for some date fields I was manipulating:

{{issue.customfield_12527.diff(issue.customfield_12526).abs.hours}}

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2021

yes that is absolutely true. you can find that detail by going to the custom fields page under admin > issues > custom fields and selecting the field and inspecting the URL. That is one way but there are others, e.g. JQL.

0 votes
Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2020
Leonardo Arrotheia Lopes March 7, 2022

Do I need to have the paid Jira version to be able to create Calculated Number Fields?

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2020

you would need an addon, e.g. Scriptrunner, Power Scripts, Automation for Jira, etc. I use A4J but I'm on cloud and it is built in there (free).

Naveen Sidda January 13, 2021

Hi @Jack Brickey can you please point me to the link where I can find the free built in A4J on cloud ? I have a similar requirement to store the multiplication of three custom field values into new custom field. I tried as shown in the screenshot but not successful so far. Thanks in advance!

Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 11.23.28.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2021

I’m a bit confused on your request. From the screenshot it appears you have already found automation. Maybe you are looking for the documentation to assist you? If so here is a link - smart-values-math-expressions 

Naveen Sidda January 17, 2021

Thanks for the response and link. I am aware of the link you provided. The screenshot is what I set myself not what I already found. I am still not able to store the multiplication of three custom field values into new custom field which is why I am reaching out to you, if you can help me find the free built in A4J on cloud for my requirement. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 7, 2022

You get to A4J automation for a specific project here >> project settings - Automation. If you want to create a multi-project automation then navigate to here >> admin (click on cog upper right) > System > Automaton (sidebar) > Global automation 

Suggest an answer