Multiple platforms, multiple projects, how to handle that?

Pascal Robert October 24, 2017

Hi,

We support multiple platforms (macOS, Windows, iOS, Web, Linux) and for interface features, we need to create an issue for each affected platform, so that each team can work on a copy of the issue (with links to related issues). 

One of the constraints we have is that some platforms are in the same project, while others are another project, so we can't really create the clones automatically in the correct project, because devs and testers select the affected platforms in a checkbox field. 

The only options I'm thinking of is to use a Groovy script with Script Runner and clone the issue on transition, and make the clone in the correct project based of the selected values in the checkbox field. The other option is to create a plugin.

But we are probably not the only ones in the same situation :-) How do you handle such situations in your teams?

1 answer

0 votes
Chris Saunders June 28, 2018

I've described our (new and relatively untested!) approach here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-to-use-JIRA-to-capture-a-feature-similar-across-the/qaq-p/796276

I'm also keen to hear of any insight!

Suggest an answer