Multiple attachments in transition screen

Is it possible to make a transition screen with multiple attachments? Even better, is it possible to make custom fields that are attachments? For exampe, suppose I have to types of archives that should be provided in order to execute a transition: Text and Image. Is it possible to create a custom field name Text that is actually a PDF document that needs to be uploaded as well as a Image, which is as image file? Please help.

2 answers

0 votes

I think you'll need to do some coding to amend the field that handles attachments and make it support multiple files. It's a system field, so it's in the core, rather than adding a plugin, although if I needed this, what I'd be *very* tempted to do is create a custom field instead - one that accepted multiple file inputs and stored them somehow (custom fields can be created as plugins which means no messing around in the core code)

Not that it matters, as you're OnDemand, you can't install plugins, and certainly not core hacks!

May I ask what's the purpose of having several attachment fields?

With one attachment field you can load any amount of files. You only have to select more than one file in the File Selection window (using Ctrl + click)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,755 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot