Multiple Scrum Boards report the same Sprint

When viewing reports for diverse boards, we noticed, that some sprints are in multiple boards.

The sprints have the same JIRA-internal id. But only one report shows the real issues and chart. Is that a bug?

See the attached screenshots for boards 35 and 45, both with sprint 42:

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

If the sprints have the same ID (visible in URL) then that sounds like an issue in the board config. Try removing the empty board an re-creating with a filter distinct from the first to prevent overlap.

Otherwise GH is designed to let multiple sprinnts show on the same board, or the same sprint on multiple boards - that is expected.

The other board isn't empty, it's a valid board with it's own sprints and disjunct projects, so I can't delete it.

I just wonder why the same sprints (with same id) appear in reports of different boards.

The sprints shown on a board are bases on the issues shown on the board.

There must be 1 or more issues visible on both boards. Refine your filters to eliminate that.

This widget could not be displayed.

For those who may come across this post in the future, this problem is described in more detail in the article below:

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

170 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you