Multiple Components in JQL Swimlane Quick Filters

Ryan Stufft October 1, 2015

Hello,

I have one project with 4 separate kanban boards, where depending on two components I would like to dictate which board it shows up on and in what swim lane on that board. I tried using the AND function in my JQL query: component = "x" AND component = "Y", but what ends up happening is that all issues show up on all 4 boards. Am I missing a step or two? Please advise.

Thanks.

2 answers

1 vote
M October 1, 2015

It seems like you're trying to accomplish this by only editing the Quick Filters and not the General filter for the board.

Go to Configure > General > Edit Filter Query and edit the query for each board.

Components should be a required field since you want to see specific components on each board. If it isn't required you risk the chance a ticket is entered in with no component that won't show up on any board and gets lost.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2015

I'd be tempted to add "or component is empty" to both board queries, so that they're included until someone adds a component. If you don't make the component mandatory.

0 votes
Ryan Stufft October 7, 2015

I was able to achieve correcting this by modifying the Saved Filter by adding (before the Group By):

AND (component = "X" or component = "y" or component = "z") and component = "1"

*With the letters standing in for the name of the actual swim lane components and the number for the correct board component.

Suggest an answer