It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Multiple Attachment fields on view screen

Just upgraded a staging environment to 8.3.1 and when viewing issues, there are 2 attachment fields, one with the drag/drop and upload, the other is blank.

3 answers

0 votes

Hi @peter.sarkar,

can you send me more info with screenshots?

Thanks, Pavel

The extra field only appears when viewing an issue, and does not display the "Drop files.." upload option.  It appears on all issues.  When editing an issue only one attachment field is displayed.  When attaching a file, the field with the "Drop files.." option, is the field displaying the uploaded attachment.  Do not want to introduce this to my Production environment, and it's impeding the upgrade to 8.3.1.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi Peter,

Thank you for provide me this informations.

It's strange behavior. There's nothing like that on my Jira 8.3.1 instance - I only have 1 Attachements field. 

Can you please tell me, what field you have set up in the Create screen of the project?

Thanks

Hello Pavel,

I thought that was initially the issue, but the duplicate field shows up regardless of what project you are in. If you remove the attachment field from a screen or hide it in the field configuration, both attachment fields are still visible. Could this be an issue with the jira-config.properties file?

0 votes

I can't work out a way to do that to Jira without using apps to provide a second attachment area somehow.

Are the contents of the two panels different?

0 votes
ReneChiquete Atlassian Team Nov 04, 2019

Hi @peter.sarkar ! This issue has been reported to be caused by third party add-ons, so I suggest testing using safe mode as per https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/UPM/Disabling+and+enabling+add-ons#Disablingandenablingadd-ons-Disablingorenablingalladd-ons(usingSafeMode

One of the add-ons where this behavior was detected was in Zephyr for Jira, and in case you find this to be the case, please be sure to reach out to their dedicated support team at https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1014681/zephyr-for-jira-test-management?hosting=server&tab=support 

It was the version of Zephyr that was installed causing this error, there was a fix posted shortly after my post, it has since been resolved.

Like ReneChiquete likes this

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

363 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you