Multiple Attachment fields on view screen

peter_sarkar August 9, 2019

Just upgraded a staging environment to 8.3.1 and when viewing issues, there are 2 attachment fields, one with the drag/drop and upload, the other is blank.

3 answers

0 votes
Rene C_ _Atlassian Cloud Support_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 4, 2019

Hi @peter_sarkar ! This issue has been reported to be caused by third party add-ons, so I suggest testing using safe mode as per https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/UPM/Disabling+and+enabling+add-ons#Disablingandenablingadd-ons-Disablingorenablingalladd-ons(usingSafeMode

One of the add-ons where this behavior was detected was in Zephyr for Jira, and in case you find this to be the case, please be sure to reach out to their dedicated support team at https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1014681/zephyr-for-jira-test-management?hosting=server&tab=support 

Pete November 4, 2019

It was the version of Zephyr that was installed causing this error, there was a fix posted shortly after my post, it has since been resolved.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2019

I can't work out a way to do that to Jira without using apps to provide a second attachment area somehow.

Are the contents of the two panels different?

0 votes
Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2019

Hi @peter_sarkar,

can you send me more info with screenshots?

Thanks, Pavel

peter_sarkar August 12, 2019

image-2019-08-09-15-38-39-205.png

peter_sarkar August 12, 2019

The extra field only appears when viewing an issue, and does not display the "Drop files.." upload option.  It appears on all issues.  When editing an issue only one attachment field is displayed.  When attaching a file, the field with the "Drop files.." option, is the field displaying the uploaded attachment.  Do not want to introduce this to my Production environment, and it's impeding the upgrade to 8.3.1.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 12, 2019

Hi Peter,

Thank you for provide me this informations.

It's strange behavior. There's nothing like that on my Jira 8.3.1 instance - I only have 1 Attachements field. 

Can you please tell me, what field you have set up in the Create screen of the project?

Thanks

peter_sarkar August 13, 2019

Hello Pavel,

I thought that was initially the issue, but the duplicate field shows up regardless of what project you are in. If you remove the attachment field from a screen or hide it in the field configuration, both attachment fields are still visible. Could this be an issue with the jira-config.properties file?

Suggest an answer