It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Multi project management with JIRA

G.S Aug 25, 2011

Hi guys,

I'm searching for a function or plugin for multi project management with JIRA. Is it possible at all?

Thanks and regards

4 answers

1 vote
Björn Frauen Jun 04, 2013

Hi guys,

multi project management can be done in JIRA basically via five different ways:

* Using GreenHopper Scrum Board: (my favorite)
- Here you can use a single scrum board to show all issues of all your projects including the different project versions and the versions's progress.
- The sprints may be used for the planning. Many of my customers are happy with sprints like: "KW 1-2", "KW-2-3", "February", "March", "Q2", "Q3", "Q4".
- The quick-filters can be used to generate several views.

* Using GreenHopper Kanban Board:
- You can use a Kanban-Board to show all issues with the issuetype "Project". The columns represent the project's status.

* Structure Plugin:
- The structure plugin can be used for multi project management as described here: http://blog.codecentric.de/2012/02/multiprojektmanagement-mit-jira-und-dem-structure-plugin/

* Gantt-Chart Plugins (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?q=gantt)
- These plugins use dates of jira issues and versions as well es issue links to create a gantt-chart.
- Unfortunately my experience with these plugins is a lack of usability.

* Confluence TeamCalendar
- You can use Confluence TeamCalendar to show JIRA dates from issues and versions based on a jira filter.
- i.e. you can build a jira filter for all issues of the type project to show their start and end date in TeamCalendar.
- alternativly or in addition you can show the version dates of selected jira projects.

1 vote
Rick Breidenstein Dec 15, 2014

I believe Portfolio solves this ask.

Link to market place: https://www.atlassian.com/purchase/addon/com.radiantminds.roadmaps-jira

0 votes

Could you please elaborate? JIRA is a project management tool and it supports multiple projects. What exactly are you looking for?

0 votes
Herb Chan Aug 26, 2011

Are you looking to administer multiple projects in JIRA at the same time? I don't think this is possible.

G.S Aug 28, 2011

That's what I'm searching for, a possibility to manage many projects at the same time, in "1" view. There should be an overwiev:

- all ressources I have

- all ressources in process

- alert system for a disadvantage allocation

Radu Dumitriu Aug 28, 2011

You are looking for Project Management Software, not Issue Tracking. I think there are some plugins trying to accomplish that in some degree, but they are different, you know ...

G.S Aug 28, 2011

I searched yet but could not find an adequate. Did I overlook anyone or di you have a tip?

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Try Jira Cloud for Outlook: Organize your work without leaving your inbox

Hi Atlassian community, My name is Max and I work on the product integration team at Atlassian. I am pleased to announce the early access program for the Jira Cloud add-in for Outlook. This add-in...

2,156 views 6 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you