Moving from Wrike to Jira

Peter Wyborn July 24, 2018

Has anyone moved from wrike to Jira? 

Wondering what the best way to do that is? trying the two way sync and looking into CSV. 

We have a lot of projects and hoping there's a real easy way to do this

2 answers

0 votes
informatikus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2018

Hey Peter.

In case you are able to export wrike content to xml, you could..

1. export to XML
  2. import XML into Excel
  3. rework XML to look like JIRA expects this csv
  4. export as csv
  5. import csv into JIRA as Danyal outlined in his first posting
Peter Wyborn July 25, 2018

What I'm trying to see is a layout of how Jira wants to receive CSV files as it's a bit different than wrike. 

informatikus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2018
0 votes
Danyal Iqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2018

CSV Import is quite painless in jira once you get the hang of it. A few tips below:

- Create and Export an issue from your jira project first. This is your template. You will need to adjust the csv exported from wrike according to this-remember to leave the key column blank and that a summary is mandatory.

- Keep the csv's relatively small. I woudl process them in smaller batches.

&& welcome to jira.

Peter Wyborn July 24, 2018

Thanks for the help, but I don't appear to have the option of exporting to CSV only XML and Word. 

Danyal Iqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2018

Are you on jira server or cloud? which version?

you could also use a plugin from the marketplace to do this e.g Better Excel Plugin

Peter Wyborn July 25, 2018

I'm using the cloud, version 7 I believe. 

Suggest an answer