Moving a transition to the bottom using opsbar_sequence on one transition only

Jens Kisters //SeibertSolutions
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2017

Hello,

i want to move one transition to the bottom if the list,

i know i can

1. set the property to a high value
  2. set the property to a lower value for all other transitions

Is there a way to avoid the second step?

I tried setting a very high number, but this caused an error

/browse/RMATT-25 [c.a.plugin.web.DefaultWebInterfaceManager] WebItemProvider from module 'com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issueoperations:opsbar_transitions_factory' threw an error 'For input string: "99999999999999999"'. Web-items provided by this provider will be ignored.

Any other ideas? Its really annoying to edit all transitions just to move one down.

Thanks in advance!

Jens

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2017

Try a smaller number.  Obviously one higher than the others.  They're not going to be outside the 10,000 - 20,000 range unless you've changed them

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2017

What if all other Transitions have no number set?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2017

Then setting a number higher than 0 will drop it to the end

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2017

Thanks, i will try that.
I thought i it was like this and didnt work, but i'll try that again.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 28, 2017

I made a mistake, it's not 0, it's the transition ids, which usually start at 1 and count up in 10s.  So setting a sequence of a few hundred should work

Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2018

Unfortunately this does not do the trick:

I have a workflow with a max transition id of 201.

A global transition has the id 71.

If i set that transitions ops_bar_sequence to 400 it still gets listed above the transition with the id 51.

It seems (at least Jira 7.5.3) does not order the transition buttons by transition id.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 12, 2018

It works for me.  But I've just noticed your postings are not consistently naming the property and neither of the usages are correct.  Are you using opsbar-sequence?  Not opsbar_sequence or ops_bar_sequence 

Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2018

Hey Nic, the property i set is opsbar-sequence. J

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 12, 2018

Ok, I'm lost then, as it's working fine for me.

Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2018

Thanks for looking into it, i'll try it on another system on the next occasion

Suggest an answer