Moving Jira Software ticket to Jira Service Desk ticket

Jay June 24, 2021

@Alexey Matveev 

Hi Alexey, I am new here in the community and I have read few of your posts, they are very helpful especially the following post to creating Issues and comments from emails.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/creating-issues-and-comments-from-email-802592933.html

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/receive-requests-from-an-email-address/

I am trying to figure out a mechanism to move "Jira Software ticket" to "JIRA service Desk Ticket"   So far, I have scanned many posts and have found some plug ins helps to convert the software tickets to service desk tickets. Not sure, if JIRA has any "Out of Box" feature for this. 

2 answers

1 vote
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2021

Hi @Jay

using the steps that Prashant outlined it is perfectly possible to move an issue from a Jira Software project to a Jira Service Management project - just tried, worked out fine.

Please note that the executing users has to have the "Move Issues" permission in the source project and the "Create Issues" in the destination project.

Have you already tried it - and it failed? Please report back where are you stuck so Community members could give some further ideas.

Regards,
Daniel

1 vote
Prashant Sultania
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2021

Hello @Jay 

If I am not wrong then you are looking to move the jira issue type to another issue type, please correct me if I am wrong. Also, as per my knowledge, you do not require any macro for this. 

If the above statement is correct then you have to open the jira issue you will find the button (MORE) --> select and click on MOVE --> select the project (if required) --> select the service desk issue type --> Click on next -->  

Your jira project must be a service desk type project then only you will be able to create/move to the service desk issue type.

I am not sure which instance you are using whether Cloud, Data Center or Server. 

Thanks
Prashant Sultania

Note: Upvote, Like or Accept Answer if it resolves your query.

Jay June 27, 2021

Hi @Prashant Sultania 

Thanks for your response. 

Our Jira project is not created as a service desk type project, it's created as Jira Software Project. In that case, how do I move the ticket to a Jira Service Desk ticket? Please suggest. 

We are currently using Jira Server edition. 

Warmly, 

Jay 

Suggest an answer