Move tasks between different projects

Lucio Lara Cruz November 26, 2019

Hey folks! 

The situation is as follows:

There are around 12 teams/projects working with its single board and we need to request assistance from another team (staff team for some deployments). 

I'd like to have the following situation:

Team A is working on a story and creates beneath it the subtask "deploy to x env.", the subtask is moved from status to do to in progress, but when is in progress I want the subtask moves to the board of Team Staffing in their TO DO list  ... and when they move it the subtask into their status of Complete , the ticket shows up again in the board of Team A perhaps in the Complete or Done status. 

How could i do that?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2019

You would have to update your board query to have something like this. I would it's going to look something like this

Project = xxx and (issuetype != Subtask or (issuetype =subtask and status in (open, closed)))

The other board should be

Project = xxx and issuetype = Subtask

So when a new Subtask is created team A will see it in the Todo until sometime transitions it to another status, and as it gets closed, it will appear again on the board.

Suggest an answer