Move memo within a group in a JIRA Structure

Marco Bertolini May 7, 2021

Hello,

I'm using a Structure in JIRA that is generated via a Filter. I then add multiple transformations to the Structure to filter out/group/sort the tickets.

The tickets represent features for a given release and thus are grouped by target release number.

I would like to be able to add some memos to the structure as a placeholder for tickets we haven't yet created. I enabled the manual modification of the Structure in the configuration tab and thus I can create memos, however when I try to move the memo under a given target release, I get the error

"Cannot move a non-issue here. You were moving memo "test" "

Is there a way to be able to move memos within a Group in a JIRA structure?

Thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Alessandro C_ _ALM Works_ May 7, 2021

Hello Marco, Alessandro from ALM Works here.

Thanks for submitting your question!

You should be able to move Memos around your structure board once you enable the *
Either from your Board title or Structure menu on Jira's Top Navigation bar, click:
Manage Structure > Click Configuration action corresponding to your board > Mark the Allow manual adjustments of generated content > Click the Update and Open button to get back to your board with updated configurations.

Hope this helps to address your issue.

Best regards,
Alessandro C.

Marco Bertolini May 10, 2021

Hello Alessandro,

thanks for your answer, but unfortunately your suggestion doesn't solve my problem. I modified the configuration as you proposed and I tried again, but the result doesn't change.

In order to clarify my problem, I'm attaching a screenshot (sorry had to blur some sensitive information) which hopefully can help better understanding the situation

JIRA_Memo.png

Please let me know if this is now more clear and if you have any further suggestion on how to address the issue.

Thanks in advance
Marco

Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2021

Hi, @Marco Bertolini. Unfortunately, I don't think this screenshot will clear things up. We'd need to see the automation rules (Generators) being used to create the structure. Also, we'd have to take a closer look at the Transformations you are using, too.  (BTW, that's an impressive collection of Transformations.) 

Somewhere in that mix, there's a higher-priority rule that's conflicting with your desired "manual adjustment." 

Please contact our support team for a more timely resolution so we can help you identify the conflict. Then, we can update this thread to share the resolution with the community.

Thanks for your patience,

-dave [ALM Works]

Suggest an answer