Move a task

reyes hernandez June 12, 2014

Hello,

At the same time that I'm creating a issue, I need to move to a different project depending of the value of one field (location). I don't find nothing about this .. anybody knows if it's possible??

Thanks a lot

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Danilo Conrad
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 22, 2014

Hi Reyes,

This is not possible in JIRA vanilla (out of the box), but may be implemented by using third party add-ons. Another alternative besides script runner would be the Minyaa plugin:

http://www.minyaa.com/documentation/3.3/Features/ModuleWorkflows/WorkflowFunctions/MoveIssueFunction.html

Cheers,

Danilo

0 votes
Vijay Khacharia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2014

Hi,

You can do this using the script runner plugin. You need to write a post-function on create transition. The function checks the field and then triggers the move.

I havent done any code to move a task using groovy, but am sure this should be possible. Else if it is okie for you, post-function can create a task in correct project and close the current issue.

Let me know if you have doubts.

Vijay

reyes hernandez June 22, 2014

thanks a lot. I think I will do that.

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2014

Hi Reyes,

Why don't you create it in the correct project to begin with?

Best regards,

Peter

reyes hernandez June 12, 2014

Hello,

you question is funny :) ... yes, it would be easier..... we have an special kind of project in which, depending of the user building, the project should be diferent.

The user is on the phone. The informatic ask we is he located and inform jira about the location (with a custom field) and JIRA should (automatically) select the correct project for this issue. We have a database table to asing buildings with projects.

Thanks a lot

Suggest an answer