Move Assignee Field

William Yeack February 14, 2014

It would be nice to free up some horizontal space in the issue screen so that I can view more information. I really only use a single field in the sidebar - is it possible to move the "Assignee" display to be under the "details" portion of the page?

Maybe with a bit of Javascript? Or is there somewhere in the config of JIRA?

Example

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2014

You'd need to hack the core code.

You can use javascript, but you've got a bigger problem - that "people" area is not just assignee. Reporter and any other user fields you might define will end up in there. You'll also need to think about moving all the other right-hand bar stuff around if you want to get more horizontal space

William Yeack February 15, 2014

Any guidance on how I could do that? Could I just add a bit of JS to the Announcement Banner (which is how I tweak styles)? Would that help avoid hacking the core code?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2014

I'm nto a javascript expert I'm afraid. I learned very early on to avoid javascript tweaks in Atlassian products because they're an utter nightmare to get right and even worse to maintain.

There's examples scattered through Answers though. I can't vouch for any of them but I'm certain they're better than anything I'd write

Suggest an answer