Mortgage Broking Services

Adam Kerr May 4, 2017

I have a small team of mortgage brokers, about 10 and at any point in time we have approximately 100-300 files on hand. I am having concerns about what I can do with Atlassian and I would really like some help. What I am looking for:

Login

Display a standard dashboard screen

left handle column have a list of all my brokers. If I click on one of these brokers, it will direct me to a seperate page.

On this seperate page, there will be a list of all deals that the broker currently has and a quick view on the right that indicates where the project is up to in a tracking graph. Example, there are say 10 acts to complete to complete the file and they are always in order. So the tracking graph will file up as each job is complete.

If I click on this deal it will take me to a more detailed version of this, where I can add documents, and notes and check boxes that I can tick to make sure the deal is progressing.

I understand thi may sound very difficult to do, but is it possible?

Thank you. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2017

This sounds like you could use JIRA.

If you set it up such that each "deal" you have is an issue, then you can do most of this straight away.  On login, users go to a dashboard (although they can select other places to default to, a dashboard is still the answer).  On the dashboard, you can add a simple "gadget" that displays data from a saved search.  I'd use a search for "all open deals" and a "filter statistics" gadget set up to show assignee.  That will give you a bar-chart display of numbers of deals assigned to each broker.  It's clickable, to take you to the list for each person, and then down into each deal.

The graph is a little more difficult - I'm not quite sure what you are looking for, so I can't translate it into JIRA config.  But there are a lot of JIRA gadgets which might help with it.

pb
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2017

Yeah, it sounds like Jira with workflow defined for each of the steps of the deal.  

ADAM Kerr July 27, 2018

Thank you for sending this through, this was shelved and now am having a look back into this.

As I am not completely understanding how Jira completely works, are either of you able to help me understand. 

I am hoping I am able to use Jira as mentioned above to be able to track progress of a 'deal' as it progresses through steps. With this in mind, I am not even completely sure how to create the steps in the software, what is the best way to at least first do this? 

With this in mind, I am trying to understand how I can create an 'issue' being a client who has purchase a property, and then be able to enter all of the relating data into fields which I am able to track through the process. For Example, Jane Smith, 1 Smith St, Fake Suburb, Car: Ford, Income: $10,000, and so on. How do I create these fields and then progress through as a default. 

I am hoping to create a fully fledged system which I can use, however, I am yet to see anyone who seems to have done this? 

Thank you

Brian Hill February 19, 2019

Suggest you start off with a basic understanding of how workflow design happens in JIRA - there's some excellent primer articles at the following:

https://www.atlassian.com/blog/jira-software/building-workflow-awesome

http://atlassianblog.wpengine.com/2013/10/using-workflow-awesome/

We encourage clients to use Trello as a workflow straw-man, set up the columns as a Status equivalent and iterate until worflow design is stable, then implement as a JIRA workflow. For the sort of thing you're looking to do, JIRA is by far the better choice, but use Confluence as your documentation source and setup by Project>Client.

Detailed design of this can be a challenge, which is where you'll find value in leveraging an Atlassian Solution Partner (Disclosure: I run a Solution Partner company)

Suggest an answer