Modify set due date groovy script to set due date time as well as date

Graham Horsman May 20, 2014

I'm trying to set an issues DateTime field at issue creation time based on priority. I've started by using Mizan's script in this question: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/27052/customize-priority-based-on-custom-field

However I want the datetime to be set more granularly. 1 hour for Critical, 2 Hours for high etc. I've modified the script sucessfully to use my own priorties but I can't figure out how I can set the due date time to be set as well as the date. Is this even possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jozef Kotlár
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2014

Short answer: No - Due Date is capable to store only date part - see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-11770

Longer answer: You can of course create another datetime custom field and use it instead (along with) Due Date in your filters and computations. As various SLA plugins on Marketplace do.

EDIT - Short answer should be (thanks Jamie): Due Date is capable of storing date time (as it is Timestamp), but will be formatted as a date (that JRA-11770 about).

Graham Horsman May 21, 2014

Actually to be fair you've answered at least part on my question so I'll edit it to reflect that, and accept your answer and raise a new one.

Graham Horsman May 21, 2014

Thanks Jozel. If I had budget for a paid for plugin I'd certainly be going with that for ease and support but I don't so I have to hand-craft it. So I guess I have to re-phrase my question to reflect using a separate datetime custom field.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2014

What Jozef said is true, but the actual storage for the duedate is a Timestamp, so date and time. However the UI does not display the time portion.

And in fact in the answer to Graham's other question, someone has provided code that sets the duedate (including hours), even though Graham asked about a custom field. So we're kind of come full circle.

Graham Horsman May 22, 2014

That's interesting. Not being a coder of any stripe and not having time yet to test it I wasn't able to interpret it as such. By the way I love your icon, and your work.

Suggest an answer