Modal appearing when creating issues in backlog view

lrdnathanview
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 10, 2024

Similar to this problem but it's affecting all my boards. Default filters, no missing fields referenced as far as I know... just the modal appearing all the time now and it's getting annoying when you need to populate the backlogs quickly before adding details.

2 answers

0 votes
Ste Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2024

Hi @lrdnathanview 

Are there any mandatory fields on the Screen, aside from Reporter and Summary?

This modal can appear where there's another field you have to populate, and therefore you need the modal to see those field(s) during creation.

Also - are the Boards specific to one Project? Or multi-Project? Perhaps that might be causing this.

Ste

0 votes
waqas Wilan2026 April 10, 2024

In backlog view, a modal can appear when creating issues to streamline the process. This modal offers a focused interface for entering essential details like issue title, description, priority, and assignee. It ensures a seamless workflow without disrupting the overall backlog view. Additionally, it may provide quick access to commonly used fields and options, reducing the need for extensive navigation. This approach enhances efficiency by keeping users within the context of backlog management while swiftly creating and managing issues.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events