Missing or deleted project

Tom Podsiadlo April 29, 2021

Hi.
is there a way to check what happened to one of project that is currently not showing on project list? We had project that was using xray and its not showing on project list, direct link doesnt work, trash can is empty. Im trying to figure out if it was deleted some time ago by mistake (and after retention time it was removed from trash) or smth else happened it?

2 answers

0 votes
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

@Tom Podsiadlo I would ask one of your Jira admins to check the permission schemes for you to see if the project exists on your site.

Next, if you know the issue key for the project, I would try searching for the JQL "project = [issue key]" - as the project may have been renamed, but the old issue keys previously used in the project will be stored still. If any issues show up but with a different issue key, then your old project has been renamed.

If it isn't mapped to any of the permission schemes, and it definitely isn't in the trash, then it may have exceeded the Trash's 60 day storage time, or someone has manually selected 'permanently delete'. As a last resort, one of your jira admins could raise a support ticket with Atlassian to check the database, but I'm not sure how long they would keep records for a site...

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

Hi! 

@Tom Podsiadlo Could you double check with site admins the project list? 

Maybe something wrong with permissions

Suggest an answer