Missing different widgets in dashboard after upgrade to 7.4

Patrick Lourens July 28, 2017

Jira 7.4 Dashboard.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2017

That's a broken filter, not gadget.  You'll need to get the owner of the dashboard to edit it, check which filter it uses and then find the owner of that filter and get them to correc it.

The user doesn't know this anymore.

Fact is that this gone because of the upgrade,,,

The user doesn't know this anymore.

Fact is that this gone because of the upgrade,,,

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2017

It was probably not the upgrade directly.

What I think is most likely to have happened is you have a field provided by an add-on.  The add-on is not compatible with 7.4, so the field is no longer working. 

The filter your gadget is using references that field.  Hence you now have an invalid filter, which cascades back into anything that uses it.

"The user doesn't know this any more" is irrelevant - the owner of the dashboard can correct the gadget by selecting a working filter, or the owner of the filter can edit it to remove the broken field.

Also, your admins can establish who both of those people are, and if they've left, change the ownership and fix the filter themselves.  They should also be lokoing into where else a broken field might be having an impact.

The “filter results” gadget (an Atlassian proprietary gadget as you can see in the first screenie) worked fine. If I edit the faulty gadget’s settings I notice that my saved filters are not listed anymore and have been replaced by filter from some other user or project, and not the current project. Now I think (as a dashboard owner) when I delete the gadget and use some other gadget it probably will work again, but I have raised this issue to make Atlassian aware of it. That the filter is invalid is pretty obvious. But since nothing has changed since the upgrade, I refuse to believe that this is a user error.

Andy 1.png

Filters gone:

Andy 2.png

Some other filters have been put into my filter gadget?

Andy 3.png

These were my filters

Andy 4.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 28, 2017

People have shared filters with you.  That's normal behaviour.

This all appears to be down to filter ownership and sharing, rather than the upgrade.

My other guess is that you upgraded from an older version of JIRA (i.e. 6 or earlier) rather than 7, as 7 changes the way users are handled, and that's had an impact on who is sharing what with whom.

Suggest an answer