Missing assignee

Andries Becker September 20, 2019

Good Day 

I am trying to assign a user to an open issue but they don't appear under assignee. 

The user has application access but has yet to log into Jira. 

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Noel John September 20, 2019

Just check whether that user has Assignable permission on the project. Look at permission scheme for "Assignable User" and add the user to the role on the project which has mapped with this permission. I don't think it has anything to do with login.

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2019

The user has never logged in - so the user id is yet to be counted as an active user under JIRA license. So no matter what Andries does - the user id will not be listed anywhere inside JIRA.

group.png

I have added the Group as above but it still does not work. 

Any other idea's or am I doing it in the wrong place? 

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2019

Andres - please make the user login to JIRA at least one time .

Hi I tried and it does not work still 

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2019

Is the user a member of JHBDev group ? I see you have given permission on Group Level.

Hi 

Yes I have all my dev's in that group. the weird thing is that the other dev's in the group can be assigned no problem 

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2019

I think I'd want you to do a review once again of everything of that user id ;

1) Group it belongs to

2) Roles that it has in the project

3) Permission scheme of the project

4) issue security scheme

Having said that - is that user in the same role as rest of the devs in that particular project ?

Like Andries Becker likes this
Andries Becker September 23, 2019

Hi Vicky 

Problem resolved. 

I loggin in this morning and all the Dev's in my group are now reflecting. I am not sure if it's a time-based thing or what 

But thank you for your patience and help 

1 vote
Novum Bank Limited October 29, 2021

Make sure that Assignable Users permission is granted within the project for your user whether it's Single User or Group Level and make sure that if a user within the group or single user permissions still does not show up as part of the assignee dropdown, enable JIRA Service Desk as part of his/her application groups when managing the user from User Management.

BR

Luke Brincat (NOVUM Bank Limited)

0 votes
Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2019

If he hasn't logged in even once - he does not even count as an active user as of now so there is no way he would appear anywhere inside JIRA.

MAKE THE USER LOGIN TO JIRA ONCE 

0 votes
Yevhen Rohovets
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2019

Hello
Well, so that you can assign a task to a user, he must be logged in at least once, before that, his account is not active and the Jira does not allow you to select such users for tasks or filtering

Suggest an answer