Missing EPIC Link from Story

Nishant ClipyCam
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 15, 2021

I just started using JIRA and I added EPIC and Now wants to create and link the Untitled.pngUntitled2.pngstory to created EPIC. But when start creating Story and looking for a link to add EPIC, I cannot find the field for it.

I also checked in PROJECT SETTING to look for FIELDS, but I cannot locate that either.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2021

Hi @Nishant ClipyCam,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

You are using a next-gen project and in order to link a story to an epic you have to create the story from within the epic, not from the create button.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2021

You can also add the epic from within the story, just click on the dot menu and select Add parent.

Like # people like this
Nishant ClipyCam
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 16, 2021

Thank you Mikael for your input. It was really helpful.

Suggest an answer