Missed information in the issue history

Astrid Harms September 13, 2019

After the update to JIRA 7.6.14 we are missing several information in the history of an issue. It seems that changes in our custom fields are no more displayed?

Am I right? Is this a topic of configuration?

Thank you
Astrid

2 answers

0 votes
Astrid Harms September 13, 2019

Dear Rakesh,

thanks for your answer. Unfortunately a new index doesn't. I have proceed it in the background & there was no change.

Do you think to lock JIRA and index new would bring another situation? I can try this in the evening or at the weekend.

Thank you
Astrid

Rakesh Kumar September 13, 2019

Issue with the Background index is it takes too much time to complete as jira users continue using jira simultaneously. However,  if you see the 100% completion of this background index then this issue should be resolved else in my opinion you should go with a lock and reindex jira at least once after upgrade if you see these kind of issues as these are mostly related with bad index files. For an alternative,  you can try reindexing of affected project only to see if issue is resolved and if the size of this project is relatively lesser. 

Regards, 

Rakesh

0 votes
Rakesh Kumar September 13, 2019

Hi Astrid, 

One of the possible cause could be index may have been broken and may not rebuild completely after the upgrade. 

Have you rebuild the index from scratch at least once after the upgrade?  If not yet,  i would recommend to lock jira and reindex it from scratch. 

Regards, 

Rakesh

Suggest an answer