Misc Workflow Extensions - Copy Value from field to field (condition not working)

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2014

We are using post workflow function to copy the "reporter" to a custom field. Without a conditional execution it works fine. But I want it to execute only if the custom field is not filled in (null). I have tried every type of groovy expression and cannot get it to work. Sometimes I get an error on the syntax, but when I don't get an error, it simply ignores. What is the proper syntax for verifying if a custom field (user picker) is null in the conditional execution?

I've tried cfValues['name of the custom field'] == null. But to no avail. Help!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2014

The condition should be something like:

issue.get("customfield_10070")==null

where "customfield_10070" is the ID of the custom field (you can find the actual number by looking at the Edit custom field link in the admin)

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2014

Many thanks, that worked perfectly

Suggest an answer