Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Milestones in Jira Software Roadmaps?

Hi there!  I would love it if I could do everything in Jira!  I don't really need a complicated Project Management tool, so I'm hoping that there is someway to add mile stones or task due dates to the Roadmap product.  I'm using the Jira Cloud Free Version now.  Evaluating for subscription purchase. 

Looks like Roadmp only uses the dates from Sprint start-finish.  Can I add arbitrary milestones outside of sprints?

Many thanks In advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey Community Leader Mar 25, 2022

Hi @Stephen Furlong , there isn't the concept of milestones in Jira roadmaps, at least not the free/standard version. There are addons in the Marketplace you could consider. If interested check these out https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=cloud&moreFilters=freeStarterTier&product=jira&query=Milestones%20 

Hi @Jack Brickey thanks so much!  I also just discovered Big Picture and a few others.  Looking forward to diving into them.  Many thanks for the info!

Like Jack Brickey likes this
Jack Brickey Community Leader Mar 25, 2022

Great. For sure Jira can work well for project management IMO but there are some traditional PM concepts missing.

Like Stephen Furlong likes this

Yes indeed, IMHO some of those traditional PM concepts can be overkill for many agile projects (all of my projects).  I really like the lightweight PM overhead of Jira SW, Confluence, and Roadmaps.  Just need some milestones!

Really Dig all the Atlassian products! 

Hi @Stephen Furlong

I am glad to hear that you are considering BigPicture. The app not only converts tasks into milestones and displays them on a timeline but also makes it easy to track them. Find more info here.
Screenshot+2020-05-28+at+19.06.31.png 
Feel free to tag me if you have any further questions. 

I too would like milestones, but I dont want a $1K/mo plugin just for milestones.  Any other solutions in Jira Software? and Jira Advanced Roadmaps? 

Suggest an answer