Migration to cloud from Jira version 5.2.10

Martin Křivda May 12, 2022

Hi,
I am writing in connection with migration on-premises server to the cloud. Currently, I am using self-hosted Jira Software in version 5.2.10 (expired maintenance license) and I decided to upgrade to the cloud version. Also, I found out that the minimum version for Jira Cloud Migration Assistant is Jira in version 7.6. So I would like to ask:

1. is there any way to easily upgrade our Jira 5.2.10 to the latest one and then migrate to the cloud?
2. it will be charged for this upgrade or whether it is included in cloud license (maintenance license is not valid at this time)?

Thank you very much for your reply.
Martin

2 answers

0 votes
C_ Derek Fields
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2022

Given how old your instance is, it may be easier to build what you want fresh in the Cloud and import your issues using a CSV import rather than going through the pain of upgrading several times to get to the minimum level to use JCMA.

If you want to go through the upgrade route, you can create a Trial license for the data center version and try applying it to your current environment. I'm not sure that it will work, but it is a free way to try. Just make sure that  you have a copy of the current license so you can replace it if it doesn't work.

Otherwise, you will probably have to pay to renew your maintenance so that you can get a valid upgrade.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You will need to upgrade to 6.4, then 7.0, then (ideally) 7.13, then 8.22, if you want to get on to the easiest version to migrate to the Cloud.

You will need to renew a licence to upgrade to any server version released after the end of your current licence.

Suggest an answer