• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Migration to an existing jira cloud instance

We are looking looking to merge 2 different jira instances. 1 of the jira instances is hosted on prem (Jira server) and the other is hosted in the cloud on Atlassian. We are looking to merge migrate Jira Server to an existing Jira Cloud instance.

In looking at the tooling that is available, I was curious if we are required to be on an active maintenance plan to migrate or use the migration tools. We have an internal project to do the migration, but I fear the migration will occur after our Jira Server Maintenance has expired, and we are hoping to avoid paying maintenance on Jira Server as we are moving to the Jira Cloud instance.

So is an active Maintenance contract required?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová Community Leader Mar 20, 2021

Hi @Jack Dale ,

if you pay maintenance, you get two main things - updates and support. 

Loss of updates probably won't be much problem, if your Jira is not super old or something like this... 

I'm not sure about the loss of support, there are a lot of things, which could go wrong during the migration.

You can find more info about this topic here.

I would strongly recommend you to contact official Atlassian support and ask them about the whole situation...

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you