Migration to an existing jira cloud instance

Jack Dale March 19, 2021

We are looking looking to merge 2 different jira instances. 1 of the jira instances is hosted on prem (Jira server) and the other is hosted in the cloud on Atlassian. We are looking to merge migrate Jira Server to an existing Jira Cloud instance.

In looking at the tooling that is available, I was curious if we are required to be on an active maintenance plan to migrate or use the migration tools. We have an internal project to do the migration, but I fear the migration will occur after our Jira Server Maintenance has expired, and we are hoping to avoid paying maintenance on Jira Server as we are moving to the Jira Cloud instance.

So is an active Maintenance contract required?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2021

Hi @Jack Dale ,

if you pay maintenance, you get two main things - updates and support. 

Loss of updates probably won't be much problem, if your Jira is not super old or something like this... 

I'm not sure about the loss of support, there are a lot of things, which could go wrong during the migration.

You can find more info about this topic here.

I would strongly recommend you to contact official Atlassian support and ask them about the whole situation...

Suggest an answer