Migrating from JIRA Cloud to Server

We are trying to migrate users and data from Jira Cloud to Server and have been running into issues where the admin accounts get wiped out and we are not able to login to the server after the import.

Is there something we are missing?  Are there documented steps on how to do the migration from cloud to server?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Tarun Sapra Community Champion Jan 24, 2018

Are you doing a full system restore or trying to migrate projects from cloud to server.

Have you gone through this guide?

0 vote

Hi Tarun, thank you very much for the link.  That helped!!

0 vote

we although trying to migrate to jira server. But when I try to recover the exported files, I got this message:

Fehler beim Importieren der Daten: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: [GenericDelegator.makeValue] could not find entity for entityName: AdHocUpgradeTaskHistory

I got two files with error logs and after the error message the system is crashing and I have to reinstall Jira incl. database.

Do anyone have an idea how to solve this?

Thx and Regards

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Alexey Matveev
Published Mar 17, 2018 in Jira

How to run Jira in a docker container

Everything below is tested on Ubuntu 17.10. I prefer to use Jira in a docker container because: 1. I can install Jira with a couple of commands. 2. I can start and stop Jira just by starting and s...

619 views 6 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot