Migrating Test Cases from TestFLO to Xray for Jira

Padma Rodrigez May 6, 2021

Hello,

We've been testing Xray for Jira for a while now and we decided to migrate all of our TestFLO test cases to Xray.
Since our test are purely manual, we've decided to use "Xray Test case importer" feature but Xray for Jira only accepts a certain format in CSV as you can see in the screenshot

we've tried to Export TestFLO test cases with Xporter to match the format shown above but it didn't work! Even Jira export mecanism doesn't do the Job also !
we have more than 500 test case and it's impossible to rewrite all of them manual

Any suggestions PLEASE ? Advice? 

Thank you

3 answers

0 votes
Ray Mueller January 23, 2022

Is it possible to use TestFLO in Atlassian cloud?

Radoslaw Cichocki _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 23, 2022

Hi @Ray Mueller ,

TestFLO is only available for Server and Data Center hostings.
We have an alternative for it called RTM (Requirements & Test Management) which is cloud-first.

Would you you like to give it a try?

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220294/requirements-test-management-for-jira?tab=overview&hosting=cloud

Regards,
Radek Cichocki

Ray Mueller January 23, 2022

Thanks, I do. If a customer migrates from TestFLO to RTM, what will happen to the test case templates?

Jarosław Solecki _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 24, 2022

Hello @Ray Mueller ,
after exporting Test Cases from TestFLO, you can import them to RTM using a CSV file. We also treat them as templates.

We encourage you to book the RTM demo version: https://calendly.com/deviniti/30min
We will show you how RTM works.

Best regards, 
Jarek

0 votes
Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2021

Hi @Padma Rodrigez,

Can you please tell me in which format you can export the Test cases in TestFLO?

And please contact the Xray Support (http://xraysupport.xpand-it.com ) so that we can request additional information and help further.

Kind regards,
Rogério Paiva [Xray Support Team]

0 votes
Radoslaw Cichocki _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
May 10, 2021

Hi @Padma Rodrigez ,

My name is Radek Cichocki, and I am the product owner of TestFLO.

I'm sorry to hear you are leaving our app, especially that we have great features coming.

Would you be willing to hop on a short, 15-minute call with me to share what's missing in TestFLO that you find necessary?

Regards,
Radek Cichocki

Suggest an answer