Migrating Sprints to new Jira server

Steve Harper August 9, 2018

I am migrating projects to a new server and new version of Jira.  I have dozens of sprints in the existing project, and would like to preserve that history after I migrate.  I know that Sprints are tied to Scrum Boards, so I am not sure how to do the migration so my new Scrum Board reflects the existing sprints.

The CSV import requires the numeric Sprint ID rather than the alphanumeric name I assigned to the sprint.  Is there an easy way to find the mapping between the name and the number?

1 answer

0 votes
Ahmed Alghamdi April 18, 2019

im also in the same boat,, migrating from cloud to server and facing issues with migration of sprints and boards as well as backlog and attachments

did you solve the issue @Steve Harper ?

thanks a lot

Steve Harper April 22, 2019

Unfortunately not.  We just ended up migrating the data and saying it would be right from this point forward.

Ahmed Alghamdi April 22, 2019

not sure if same situation,, but it was an easy fix for us, just needed to create a scrum board, once done, all sprints were moved to the right places rightaway

@Ahmed Alghamdi I tried doing it and got an error stating that I need a sprint ID. Do you have any idea on how to fix that or obtain sprint ID?

Steve Harper May 10, 2021

When you open up an issue (Story or Defect) that has been assigned to a Sprint, there is an area of the screen which will show "Completed Sprints". Hover over the sprint you want. The URL that shows at the bottom of the page will contain the SprintID.

@[deleted]  Thank You!

Suggest an answer