Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Migrating Jira with an expired license to a new server (New IP, Hostname)

Dasi Moto I'm New Here May 17, 2021

Hello everyone!

I'm planning to migrate my Jira v7.10.2 Instance from CentOS 7.3 to a RedHat 7.9 Server.

Unfortunately our license is expired and we'll probably migrate into the cloud in the future but right now we cant.

I've read that its possible to migrate an Jira Instance with an expired License to a new Server using the old license. The only issue could be that you cannot have two Instances with the same license.

To my questions:

1. Is it possible to shut down the current Jira instance, take Backups then migrate it to the new server and start it up there while the old one is shut down or do i need to request a developer license?

2. Is an IP change of the Server unproblematic or does it require alot of manual configuration adjustments?

Thank you very much in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Fazila Ashraf Community Leader May 17, 2021

@Dasi Moto  , if you are not planning to upgrade but only migrate, then you should be able to install the same version of jira in the target server and import from backup of the source JIRA.

Dasi Moto I'm New Here May 17, 2021

Thank you for your reply. Yes we are at the highest possible version before the license expired.

In some questions regarding this kind of a migration, some people said you need a developer license and some said you can just use the existing license.

Fazila Ashraf Community Leader May 17, 2021

@Dasi Moto  , Developer license are for lower environments. 

For migrating your production to a new target, you can use the production license in the target but do note to disable the old instance. 

Refer to https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/get-a-developer-license-for-jira-server-744526918.html and https://developer.atlassian.com/platform/marketplace/server-app-licensing/ for more details on licenses

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you