Migrate users from one directory to another ... documentation

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 7, 2013

I just found out about this option in JIRA when connecting a delegating ldap user directory.

(Admin -> User Directory -> Migrate users from one directory to another ...)

I have been looking for the documentation, but didn't find it - probably I'm not looking in the right place.

3 answers

1 vote
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2013

Sorry to say that so far, the documentation is not written for that and there is an open case for it for sometime - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-28986

It has a short writeup on what is supported and what is not.

0 votes
francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 8, 2013

That's bad news. I tried it (on 5.2.2) and it did convert 2400+ users correctly, but this was on a test machine. I'm wondering what would happen when we do the production upgrade.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2013

Yeah... I would like to know exactly what happens under the covers. I tried this, it took forever with no feedback, so I shut jira down. This leads to all directories being disabled and no way to log in, other than modding records in the db.

Suggest an answer